Tuesday, 3 March 2009

Ddiolch'ch iawn lawer

Well I am a little late with this one but .. Happy St David's Day!!! With a Welsh husband (who is stoically not mentioning the rugby!!) I should have posted this before .. but life seems to be a bit manic this week, and its only Tuesday!
Anyway on Sunday it was St David's Day, and the girls dressed up in Welsh national costume, kindly made for them by a Welsh friend. I have made a thank you card to send with some pics of the girls in it (you get a preview of the pics!)Here is Draco, coloured in red (as is the Welsh Dragon) and highlighted in gold. I have stook to the Welsh national flag colours of red, green and white for the background. It is very simple and all the papers are embossed and scuffed. The ribbon is black velvet and I threaded some through the greeting which says Thank you very much in Welsh (or so hubby says!! Me I'm a proud Lancastrian!!)
I have used Katharina's WOJ GDT sketch - it is really different from the last card i did using the same sketch (you can see it here). It is amazing how rotating and using no embellishments changes the look. But I am liking very clean and simple cards at the mo.

Anyway here are the sneaky previews of the girls ...
This is Ellie ....
and this is Beth.
So cute and adorable ... but then we were having a good day LOL!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): WOJ Draco dragon
Colouring Media: Distress inks; gold gel pen
Papers: Core'dinations, cardstock
Embellishments: velvet ribbon

7 comments:

Naoual said...

Lovely card. And those little girls, how cute are they?!! Great pics, so adorable!

Good luck with the call!!

xx Naoual

Becky said...

Aww, they're so adorable Cathy!! You must be a very proud Mummy!!
Love Becky xx

Victoria said...

it is beautiful hun, how are you getting on with the frame card?

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow hun this is fabulous, Mum went out on Sunday to a St Davids Day lunch the Welsh Society collected her in their community ambulance and I had 6 whole hours on my own Bliss!!!!. I can remember my National Costume, I used to love dressing in it and wore it until it was much too small for m. The giels look fab
Hugs Jacqui x

Jo Hopwood said...

You had fun! Remind me to get Meg one for next year, do you think we could get all three dressed up?!?

Lovely card too, daren't show it to my daughter, as you know, all things Welsh are popular here!

Anonymous said...

Great card Cathy but sorry the girls steal the limelight for me but then you know that!! te heheheee!! they are just pure angels! great costumes your friend has made!! :0)

Karen said...

Gorjus card Cathy. And such cute girlies.

Love Karen xxx