Wednesday, 4 March 2009

ABC Challenge ... D is for ...

DISTRESSED

Yeah - I LOVE distressing so this is a dream challenge for me!
OK so what didn't I distress!!
The image is coloured in distress inks and thebackground and edges distressed usingdistress inks. I love these dp (Still don't know whose they are) and I gently (?!) took my distressing too to them and then inked up the edges.



I added some muted lilac ribbon and a couple of scrolls stamped in distress ink. Brads and a lovely hydraenga flower finished it off.

Please do pop over to the other DT members' blogs to look at their distressing.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Rope Swing; Scroll a freebie
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: ?
Embellishments: Prima flowers, brads and ribbon from stash

9 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the sweet image and a brilliant job with all the distressing.

Karen said...

Gorrrrrrjus card Cathy. That ribbon really finishes it off. I love distressing too, can't wait to do this one.

Love Karen xxx

Ali Watson said...

Stunning card Cathy, love all your distressing and gorgeous colours too.

Shell said...

your distressing is fab. what a lovely card. Shellx

Pauline C said...

beautiful colorus and distressing
Pauline x

Ruth (ooffee) said...

This is gorgeous! I love the distressed look, but find it quite difficult to achieve the result I have in my head! Love how the colours look naturally aged too. Ruth x

Tasha said...

Beautiful card Cathy love the detail of the swirl and the colours are amazing - you are the distressing queen
love tasha xx

Niya said...

This is absolutely beautiful card...

Regards,
Photo colorization services

Marcea said...

This is beautiful - love the muted colours and your distressing is fabulous
-x-