Friday, 6 March 2009

Gorguss Friday Sketcher

I love doing the Friday Sketchers challenge, and Mumur has created a gorguss sketch this week ... and I have already done it, thanks to Beth having OCD about the Snowman. She has to watch it all the time ... so Beth watches The Snowman, I craft - works for me!!
I inked up this fab Gorguss Girl, coloured her using ivory, aubergine (for the hair) Lilac and cornflower promarkers, and then cut her out. The papers are from a scrapbook kit I have had for ages and not used. I resisted the urge to distress the edges and have gone instead of clean lines and no fuss. I sat her hanging out of my label nesties - love the dangling feet! The bird was coloured in pigeon colours and put in a circle. I finished it off with some scrolls and swirls stamped in papermania ink. I can't believe I haven't added any ribbon or flowers ... need a lie down now !!
Here's a close up of the gorguss one ...
And I have done the inside ...
Off to put the Snowman again - I am having nightmares about snowmen!!
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie A Little Birdie Told Me; PB salutations; Hero Arts Scrolls
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: Kanban
Embellishments: None!!

18 comments:

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love all the swirls and gorjuss girl.

Victoria said...

It is fantastic - yeah for the snowman and Beth's ocd, I can't get over no flowers and no ribbon eek!

Powerful Search Engine said...

A great card Cathy I love this gorjuss girl and I used her too! Great minds he he hugs Pascale :)

Sue said...

Pretty card...agree on loving the swirls.Fab job !!

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card hun love the swirls, Oh dear I love the Snowman But!!!!!!! there is a limit
Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

Another fab card Cathy!
I love the image! love the blue scrolls very pretty go so nicely Love how you have painted the image too! :0)

Marianne said...

beautiful card Cath

Joey said...

Hi Cathy, I love the softness of this card, fab image shes so pretty. joey.x

Tasha said...

Wow what a beautiful card Cathy, its so lovely i love all the papers and swirls and obviously the imag which is cloured so amazingly
love tasha xx

Lorraine A said...

I love this card, it is gorgeous !! :-) I am so kicking myself for not ordering these girls !!
Lorraine

Dena said...

Oh this is so cute. Beautiful colors and great coloring!

Pauline C said...

Very cute and funky - love the GG image and the colours you have used
Pauline x

Sharon said...

This is fantastic Cathy, gorgeous papers and your colouring is fab.

Murielle said...

Fabulous card, Cathy!!!
I love your composition, the papers and colours are wonderful.
You have beautifully interpreted my sketch.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs, Mumur

Anne said...

Gorjuss!!! I love these stamps and your take on the sketch is fab!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is so neat, I love your little persona and the colors are pretty! BR-T

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card! love the image

COCO said...

wo very nice card !!!!
gorjuss girl !!!
coco