Friday, 6 March 2009

A few cards and Dies to Die for GDT

I thought that I would post some cards I have made that are not for challenges, but for commissions or just because I was playing!
Tracy over at Dies to Die For is looking for guest designers. I have just finished making this card for a friend's daughter who is dance mad ... oh and likes pink!
I have to confess that the stamp isn't mine ... its Ellie's, a birthday present from Vicky. Its Ballet Brielle by Whipper Snapper, and I have coloured it using my promarkers. I used Basic Grey Eva papers, and faux stitched them using a white gel pen. I added a Prima flower and flower charm, and used my cuttlebug tag to add the handwritten sentiment.

I really struggle using some of the Basic Grey Two Scoops papers - love them, just struggle matching them. So I have had a play with these papers and my new Leanne Ellis stamps from Sugar Nellie. I find that patterned dp really hard to work with, but think this looks OK. I coloured the image, Fizz, in with distress inks, and added small clear and pale green adhesive gems to the bubbles at the top. I added yellow organza ribbon and pink adhesive gems to the corners of some of the dp. Not sure what I will use it for, so no sentiment yet.

Finally, a few days ago I posted a card I was having difficulty finishing and got some great ideas back as to how I could finish it.
I tried scrolls and swirls stamps and didn't like the result, so I repeated the frame on the inside. I think it works, and thank you everyone for your help and ideas.
Off to play outside with the girls in a few minutes - just need to wake them up LOL!!

10 comments:

Tasha said...

Fabulous cards and i love the endd result of the card that was giving you a hard time
love tasha xx

Victoria said...

I love them - the frame card works perfectly now and the other cards are cute - Ellie make sure you get your stamp back darling xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Cathy,They re all gorgeous :-)
I have the ballerina stamp, I just had to buy her, she's the pic I use on my MSN !! strange but true !! ha ha

Thanks for joining my 'sort of' blog candy :-) I think its a nice idea, email me your address, though I haven't made anythin yet !! ha ha
Lorraine

Tab said...

Fab cards sweetie, really love the gorjuss girl one, love how you have done the frame!
Hugs Tab

cats whiskers said...

Wow dear they are all fab cards just so adore that Gorjuss girl
hugs jacqui x

Bev said...

Three fabulous cards Cathy, such fabulous layouts and use of colour xx

nessy said...

wow you have been busy ~what wonderful creations!!
vanessa xx

Michele Kovack said...

Love all of your cards! The last one is absolutely adorable!!!

Desire Fourie said...

These creations are just gorgeous and I think you have matched up the different BG cardstock just perfectly. Hugs from Desire

Joy said...

Fantastic cards Cathy love all thte detail xx