Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Pastel Fingers Crossed

I have combined this week's Papertake weekly Challenge, pastelcolours, with A Spoonfull of Sugar challenge, diecuts and punches. Patel colours threw me a bit as I'm not a big fan of pastel, so this is the nearest I could get to it!! But the ASoS challenge did let me loose on my punches!
I coloured my image and distressed her, I didn't matt her onto any other paper. I ran my new Impressionabilities plate (Butterflies) through my Cuttlebug with a shim to emboss the pink cardstock. I punched a couple of ribon slots to thread the ribbon through, and punched and distressed pink and white flowers and swirls. Organza knots, tattered rose glimmer mist and pink gems finish it off.

We've had a great afternoon visiting Samantha at the shop - I spent lots, learned how to make a new flower and Ellie and Beth stocked up on crafty bits! We're going back home tomorrow - I'm back to work in the afternoon :(, but its been a great easter, fab weather and we've done lots.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Fingers Crossed
Colouring Media: Distress ink
Papers: MME Laundry Line, cardstock from stash
Embellishments: punched flowers and swirls, adhesive gems and ribbon from stash, glimmer mist

17 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

sensational card hun

love the whole layout and the image is so sweet

hugs jane x

Lilacanglia said...

gorgeous card,
love the colours,
hugs
Angie

Riet said...

what a beautiful card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Karen said...

This is gorgeous and I love the colours that you have used.
Thanks for joining us this week at A Spoonfull of Sugar.
Karen x

ella bella said...

gorgeous card i love the soft colours and your flowers look fabulous.
Tracy x

Victoria said...

this is gorgeous I love the soft colours that you have used totally outstanding xxx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful colours!
xx :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy remember me lol. Stunning cards since my last visit everyone a beauty. so sorry i haven't been about lately but this new little fellow in my life has been demanding hugs :)from his Gran :) :) huge hugs hope you are well?

Helen said...

Pretty card!
Glad you've had a great weekend!
There are a couple of things for you on my blog...
Helen x

Anonymous said...

WOW cathy! super fast use of the new Impressionabilities plate!!
Theres no holding you back!! Great card and Loveeeeeeeeeee the
papers too! they look super fab!!
Was brilliant to see you, Dave and the girls too! and I am working on getting the tutorial done soooooon :0)

Ann said...

A really pretty card Cathy, lovely soft colours, beautiful xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Cathy - love the colours and distressing, and the fab impressionabilities plate .. have had my eye on them but not seen one used til now - love it! Glad you ahd a good Easter :-)
Pauline x

Tasha said...

Such a pretty card - love the colours and the image - fab design
love tasha xx

Michele Roos said...

Oh gorgeous card. Love the image and the beautiful soft colouring. Michele x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, sweet card, love the image and cute flowers.
luv
Debby

aardvarkpest said...

Lovely card. I love the soft colours.

Glenda

Mrs Mayne said...

Aww this is fab Cathy! I've just brought this stamp! It's sweet isn't it?! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x