Thursday, 16 April 2009

DutchDare Challenge 44 - Favourite things

This week's Dutchdare Challenge is Favourite things - you use your favourite things to create a card.
Oh where to start - so many favourite things! I am loving simple layouts at the mo, so my card has a simple layout, but is packed with my favourite stash.I used my current favourite image and watercoloured and distressed her using my favourite colouring medium, distress inks. I adore these papers by K and Co (must get some more!) and I inked the edges up. My EK Success Retro flower punches are a favourite too, so I made my flowers using them, and I finally added organza ribbon. I LOVE organza ribbon - any shade, any width!!
I can't wait to see your favourite things.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Windwept
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: K and Co
Embellishments: punched flowers, ribbon and gems from stash

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful Cathy, great layout, papers and colouring. hugs rachxx

karen said...

lovely card and the image is perfect x karen x

ella bella said...

beautiful card Cathy love the image and you have coloured it beautifully as always
Tracy x

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card - love the colouring and distressing
Pauline x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

she's so pretty!!!

love the coloursw too cathy

hugs jane x

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Cathy,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

I also thinks another favourite might be Sugar Nellie lol. love this card colouring is fab with the DI loving this on your cards.Cathy did you get my email ok?

Tasha said...

Beautiful card Cathy, love the colours and fab colouring of the image
love tasha xx

Macpurp said...

these papers are just beautiful!
I love this card.

love tina xx

Maria Matter said...

Cathy, this is beautiful! Such lovely coloring and papers!
Blessings, Maria