Friday, 24 April 2009

Tilda with basket

The week is almost over (thank goodness!!) and hopefully we will have a quiet weekend with lots of crafting time!
I havemanaged to get a card made today in between all the running around and being out we have done today!
I have combined the CCT challenge (get Edgy), the Friday Sketcher sketch and the Just Magnolia challenge (pink and green and come up with this ...
I got this stamp from Vicky for my birthday last year and I haven't inked her up for ages. I have to confess I have had a clear out of some of my neglected Tildas ... better they go to a good home than live at the bottom of my stamp box, but I loved this one so much that I couldn't part with her.
I stamped Tilda and then masked her and added the goblin grass before colouring her in distress inks. I stickled her wings and glossed her boots. The edges of the image are distressed and inked and the stripy dp is torn (gulp its almost too gorgeous to tear!). I used pale pink cardstock for the matting and punched swirls. As this is going to be a birthday card for a crafty friend (who will aprreciate their beauty and cost LOL!!) I glimmer misted hydragena flowers and added spacers to the layered ones.
Here's a close up of Tilda, she is gorgeous and I need to use her more!
My Gorguss girls set 2 arrived today so I am going to spend the evening ez mounting and stamping them.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Tilda with basket, goblin grass; Papermania sentiments
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: My Minds Eye Laundry Line
Embellishments: Prima hydrageanas, cord, spacers and brads from stash, punched swirls

30 comments:

tracie said...

Hi ya hun, oh wo she is adorable and I love all the gorgrous flowers ~ loved this sketch too.
Have a great weekend hun
Hugs
Tracie :)x

angeljakki said...

Such a lovely card,
love the flowers and your masking is great x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Love that image and the layout is fab!
hugs, Marlene x

Victoria said...

oh she is fabulous - beautiful card x

Helen said...

Beautiful! Love the papers, and those flowers are gorgeous!
Helen x

cats whiskers said...

Great card love that tilda and the paper is just perfect as is your colouring, thanks for joining us this week
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous. I love the layout and your colouring is beautiful. I would love to know what die you used for the swirls.

Karen said...

Stunning card Cathy really love it.

Love Karen xxx

Naoual said...

Beautiful card Cathy!! Love all the flowers and the fabulous image you used.

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

Nilla said...

Fantastic card, lovely details and you coloured Tilda so great! hugs from Nilla

Donna said...

lovely layout and your Tilda looks so pretty, great job all around.
Hugs
Donna

Ellibelle said...

How super sweet! Love the flowers and swirls.

Yvonne said...

Such a wonderful card. the papers and colouring are wonderful.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card,l love the image and colours Cathy.

Hugs Riet.x

Jo Hopwood said...

First thing I spotted was the hydragena flowers! Beautiful card Cathy x

Deb said...

Gorgeous card,she is one of my favourites too! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a fab weekend! Debx

MeandLilG said...

Oh this is SOOOO pretty.. what did you use to get the swirls?? I love the colours on this card, it's gorgeous xxx

Allison said...

lovely card, great colours
AllisonX

nessy said...

you got rid of your tildas??? how could you?? gosh i`ve just fallen on the floor!! i could part with many things but not my tilda`s!!
any way so glad you kept this one ~gorgeous card cathy ~such pretty flowers, and papers , beautiful colouring
vanessa xx

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card Cathy. Love the image and the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Tasha said...

Cathy this is beautiful - absolutely stunning - i am loving the colours and your colouring of her! The flowers are fabulous and loving the masking tech you used!
Fabulous card
love tasha xx

CraftyC said...

A really pretty card cathy, love the flowers and swirls!
Clairex

Unknown said...

This is lovely and such a beatiful.bright,springy card for Spring
Hugs Livi xxxx

aardvarkpest said...

Adorable card. Love the papers and colour combo.

Glenda

Annika said...

This is gorgeous, your choice of colours is fab - I also love that earlier Tilda image (before she went on crash diet) although I like newer ones as well..

Murielle said...

OH...Cathy, your card is Fabulous!!!
I love your composition, the papers and colours are wonderful.
Tilda and flowers are adorable.
You have beautifully interpreted my sketch.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs, Mumur

Tab said...

Oh Cathy I love your sweet card! Fab layout and those flowers are divine!
Hugs Tab xxx

Bev said...

Fabulous card hun, so pretty. Love all the flowers. Thanks for joining us this week x

Ann said...

Cathy your card is so very pretty, I love how you have interpreted the sketch, beautiful xx

Rach said...

a beautiful card.thank you for joining us at just magnolia this week. hugs rachxx