Thursday, 23 April 2009

DDCC challenge - Create a scene

It sometimes makes me smile how so many challenges have similar challenges, and this is true this week. Having made this card last Friday, I had to smile when the Secret Crafter challenge was to make a scene ... just like this week's DDCC challenge!!! So if you haven't already done the Secret Crafter here's your chance to do 2 challenges and 1 card!! I stamped Tilda and Bee in and then masked her so I could add the tree stump and signpost. I watercoloured them all and cut the scene out using my Nesties labels. I matted the scene and hand trimmed rouns it. The background dp has had the corners rounded and a ribbon added. Finally I punched a flower and a copule of swirls.
Do check out the other DT members' creations.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Tilda with Bee, signpost; WOJ tree stump
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Embellishments: punched flower and swilrs, ribbon and gem from stash

13 comments:

Karen said...

STUNNING cards Cathy. Love Ellie's card, very pretty.

Love Karen xxx

Nilla said...

Great card! thinks Nilla

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card and wonderful scene.
luv
Debby

nessy said...

such a sweet scene cathy ~such pretty paper and wonderful colouring
vanessa xx

Macpurp said...

this is such a pretty scene!
love the images you have used.
love tina x

CraftyC said...

Such a sweet card Cathy, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
Clairex

Riet said...

Wowww Cathy,what a beautiful cards,l love the stamps and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Joey said...

Hiya Cathy, beautiful card, just love the image and scene you created, gorgeous colours. Joey.xxx

Susa said...

Wow! What a beautiful card!!

Anonymous said...

Fab card Cathy, gorgeous papers.
Erin xxx

Desire Fourie said...

What a beautiful little scene you've created here. Love the flower and swirl which just finishes the creation off beautifully. Hugs from Desire

cats whiskers said...

Great card cathy love that image s and the lovely scene you have mde with them and the paper is just perfect
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Tasha said...

Beautiful scene - i am loving your colouring Cathy! I adore the colours you have used and the frame looks wonderful
love tasha xx