Friday, 17 April 2009

WOJ challenge

Theis week's WOJ challenge is monochrome with an accent of colour. I chose a tealy blue (it matches the distress ink colour Broken China) to go with the black and white.
I watercoloured my image (Black soot, weathered wood, broken china) and distressed the edges using weathered wood and broken china. I found at the back of my paper stash a pad of monochrome papers, so I coloured some of the flowers in using broken china and layered them up. I matted the image onto black and teal cardstock, and punched flowers and swirls. I inked the edges of the flowers using Brilliance Starlight black, and added gems to finish. (I forgot to add the black velvet ribbon I had got out for it - opps!!)
A close up of Melinda ... (I am quite pleased how this turned out!)

Recipe:
Stamp(s): WOJ Melinda with Bouquet
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Papermania
Embellishments: punched flowers, swirls and gems from stash

13 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

That card is just stunning,
hugs
Angie

Riet said...

ohhh wowwww Cathy,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous - beautiful colours and my fave WOJ image at the moment
Pauline x

Macpurp said...

this is such a beautiful card!
I love how you have used the distressing inks.
lovely layout and details.

love tina xx

nessy said...

stunning cathy ~love the colour combo ~works beautifully with this sweet image!!
vanessa xx

craft mad Jenny said...

gorgeous!

Nicki said...

This is beautiful, I love the colours and your watercolouring is fabulous. Hope you liked your award! Nicki, xx.

pink rose said...

Beautiful card.
I love it.

cats whiskers said...

This is stunning dear love that touch of blue and your swirls and flowers are just perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow stunner of a card ,fabulous colours ,hugs Dawnxxx

Anonymous said...

beautiful . fabulous colour combo. thank you for joining us at woj. hugs rachxx

Helena said...

OOh beautiful card, wow
Love the colours
xxxx

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous card! Its very pretty. Love the colour you have chosen.

Kim x