Thursday, 12 March 2009

Cute Card Thursday sketch

Cute Card Thursday is a year old- Happy Birthday to them! And to celebrate they have a fabulous sketch by Katharina, one I will definitely be using again.



I haven't used this Magnolia that came in my Winter stamp kit, so I thought it was time she had an inking up! I have watercoloured her and washed the background. I masked her and stamped the Magnolia swirly vine up the side, and then inked the edge of the tag. All the papers are patterned, just very lightly, and I have gone for a pastelly spring feel as the days seem to be warmer and drier now! The lacey ribbon was a rash buy, but it seems to work on this as it is not too heavy. Instead of a photo corner I have repeated the swirly vine. I inked up all the paper edges and stamped scrolls round my sentiment. To finish I added punched flowers and leaves, and folded one of the corners up and added a gem.

I have to say I am pleased with how it is looking, and hope its recipiant does too!
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia; PB Saluations
Colouring Media: Distress inks; colour box dusky plum
Papers: Fancy Pants Botanical
Embellishments: Punched flowers (EK Success, X Cut), punched Leaves (Em Leone), gems and ribbon from stash

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very sweet!! I really love all your flourish designs in this!! TFS! :)

Ellibelle said...

This is so sweet! Love your coloring!!

Annie said...

aw Tilda is jus darling on this prety pink card. love the swrils and the touch of bling! hugs, annie x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

super cute card cathy

hugs jane x

Victoria said...

I think it is absolutely gorgeous and the flowers are fantastic, beautiful image 9she is adorable) and the vine is fantastic. Love the papers too x

Leann said...

Fab card!
Hugs x

Pauline C said...

Fab - love all the swirls and the switrly nature of the punched leaves round the flower
Pauline x

Deb said...

wow, Cathy, this is beautiful, love it!
Thank you so much for joining in our birthday party challenge this week, have a great evening, hugs Debx

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, love it. Take care of you honey hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, love it. Take care of you honey hope you are feeling better soon.

Macpurp said...

oh this is so pretty!!
I love all the bits on it.

how's your back doing today?

love tina x

cats whiskers said...

Oh hun what a lovey card this is just adore it all
Hugs jacqui x

Debbie said...

Oh this is pretty Cathy, I love the pretty papers and the stamped swirls and the image is so sweet. Debbie x

Glitter Monkey said...

What a beautiful card - she's so pretty! Thanks for joining in with CCT's birthday celebrations this week! Lol Lynn ♥

Powerful Search Engine said...

They will love it it is perfect! I love the colours and your style, hugs Pascale :)

Kim x said...

Super cute card, I love the image you inked up.
Kim x

Bev said...

Cathy, this is so pretty, love the sweet image and beautiful papers x

Lorraine A said...

Just gorgeous !! I love this, beautiful image and the papers and everything are lovely :-)
Lorraine

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the pretty papers. Michele x