Friday, 3 April 2009

Friday Sketcher

We seem to be plagued with illness in this house!! Ellie and hubby have both had/got chest infections and antibiotics, and Beth has got a nose that resembles a tap with a very loose washer! However, the sun has finally come out here today, and the girls are playing in the garden, so I thought I would put this card on that I made this morning while Beth had a tea party with her teddies. I have used this week's Friday Sketcher for the layout, although I moved the image over to the left a bit so I could fit the bow on.
I watercoloured the image and distressed it. I have kept the papers and colour scheme quite simple. The coredinations papers have been embossed using my Stylised flowers embossing folder and then sanded. I matted both the image and dp in some matching cardstock, and punched some flowers and inked the edges. the gold organza and gems add the final touch.
Ellie as been at preschool this morning, and came home clutching this picture that she had made ...
and with the comment "I can use your stamps now Mummy, I've been practising my stamping" - hmmm not sure I am willing to let her that loose in my craft room yet!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Peek a Bunny
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Coredinations cardstock, kanban papers
Embellishments: punched flowers, adhesive gems and ribbon from stash

18 comments:

nessy said...

wonderful , sweet card ~ and yours isn`t bad either!!!??
illness .. don`t get me started >>> when can we say "no illness in our home"??? jsy never ending ~hope your illness will be leaving very soon
vanessa xx

Valérie Goldenschue said...

très jolie carte.

les lapins de ta fille sont mignons !!

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Cathy,l love the stamp and colour.

hugs Riet.x

June said...

A lovely card great sping colours I just love using the cordination cardstock on the cb embossing folders (had to pinch a sheet of hubbies sandpaper lol)
Love the easter picture Ellie did so cute, maybe you need to start get Ellie some stamps of her own thats what I had to do lol
Sorry everyone has been feeling under the weather hope all is well soon
June

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

beautiful card cathy and love ellie's pic too :)

hugs jane x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Cathy and Ellie's is so cute - clearly an ace cardmaker in the making! Sorry you've all been under the weather .. hope you'll be feeling better soon
Pauline x

cats whiskers said...

Oh what a delicious card dear such stunning colours, and Ellie is becoming a real high class crafter tell her I love her little bunnies
Hugs Jacqui x

ella bella said...

beautiful card Cathy the colour and image are gorgeous
love Ellie's pic its so sweet
Tracy x

Tab said...

Oh gorge card, sweetie! Just love the sweet image. Wow and look at those bunnies, super duper fab!
Hugs Tab xxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet card and your little one has done a great job with her bunnies.
Hope you all feel better soon.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

Well Ellie should have full access to your craft room now !! tut mummy !! :-) She's been practising what more do you want :-)

Love your card too Cathy :-)
Lorraine x

Karen said...

Gorjus cards Cathy. Love this one and the Citrus tilda. Colours in both are great.

Love Karen xxx

aardvarkpest said...

Lovely card. Very fresh spring colours. I think Ellie's stamping is great too. Those different coloured bunnies tails are so cute. Hope you are all better soon.

Glenda

Joy said...

Hope you are feeling better Cathy, lovely card xx

Bev said...

Cathy your card is fab, love the colour combo and darling image.

Love the bunnies too - bless xx

Lora said...

Beautiful card and Ellie's picture is so cute!!
My MIL keeps telling me I will need a huge walk in fridge to put my kids paintings on because my frige is overflowing with pictures, you can't get to the food for all the paintings lol.
I love them though :)
Lora x

Anonymous said...

Cute card Cathy! but I have to say that Ellie's painting really caught my eye!! Great job Ellie ;0)

Tasha said...

Oh wow to both! Both you and Ellie have created beautiful work! I love the image you used and the colour!
oh it looks like Ellie is a budding card maker in the making
love tasha xx