Sunday, 31 March 2013

That Craft Place Challenge

Its Sunday and that means it's time for a That Craft Place challenge and the theme this week is animals ...


I went for butterflies!!!  I do like my butterflies, and I wanted to create something pretty, fresh and spring like.  I covered the tag with the papers and then stamped the butterfly stamp over the tag.  To make the ink paler I stamped it onto my craft mat first and then on to the tag.  I created the layered flower using the Joy flower die, and pinched the petals in to give it dimension.  I die cut the butterflies and leaves, added the punched border and some seam binding.
Supplies: 
Sentiment: 
Colouring medium:
Tools: Joy flower die, Memory Box butterfly die, Spellbinders 
Martha Stewart border punch

Challenges: 
Crafty ribbons - anythng goes with ribbon
Divas by design - use metal (pin)
Chocolate, coffee cards - bring on spring
Daring cardmakers - springing into spring
Fuss n Fancy - spring days
Stampin for the weekend - anything but a card
ABC challenge - Just as you like
Sweet Stampin - girly
Totally Gorguss - something blue
 

13 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very pretty. I love butterflies and that flower is fab too.

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the soft pastel colours and all the dimension.
Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Easter.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and soft Cathy! Love the soft blues...very girly! :)
Happy Easter!
Lizy xx

Alison Scott said...

A lovely fresh spring tag.
The butterflies are just gorgeous.

sue w. said...

Hi Cathy, this is gorgeous. I love the butterflies and the colours and detail is wonderful.
Hugs Sue W.

Chris said...

So pretty! Lovely soft colours and beautiful butterflies.
Chris
x

Debbie said...

Super card, just right for out challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Debbiex

carol said...

super creation, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS this week, Happy Easter x carol

Anke said...

Wow lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons, Divas by Design and Totally Gorjuss.
hugs Anke

Kelly said...

Beautiful design, love the butterflies! Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Kelly

Beckie said...

Very pretty card, love the butterflies! thanks for taking part in the DCM challenge :)

Deanne Saunders said...

A pretty tag! Love the soft colors!! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous and so pretty Cathy! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx