Anyways, we have a monthly challenge, which you can find over on the Visible Image blog. The theme for March is Spring.
I made a tag ...
I cut my tag out using my TH die, and the distressed it using the spring and summer limited edition inks. I simply swiped them onto my craft mat, spritzed with water and then dragged my tag through. I dried the tag and repeated to get a real depth of colour. I flicked water across it and dried it. While the ink was on the mat I squidged some seam binding through it and left it to dry. I stamped the retro dots background in pereserved persimmon distress ink and tumbled glass distress ink, and the crackled background in picked raspberry. I stamped and masked the large butterfly and butterfly onto the tag using versafine ink, and then stamped them in picked raspberry and peacock feathers distress inks and cut them out. I layered the cut out butterflies over two of the stamped butterflies and added pearls to their centres. Finally I stamped the butterfly sentiment on to the tag and added a butterfly charm to the seam binding.
And for more inspiration don't forget to check out the Visible Image's facebook page.
Supplies:
Stamps used: Visible Image large butterfly, butterfly, butterfly sentiment
retro dots background, crackled background
retro dots background, crackled background
Colouring medium: distress inks
Embellishments: flat backed pearls
Tools: Tim Holtz large tag die
Challenges:
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon
Everybody Art - tag
Stampavie and more - Tag it
Addicted to stamps - addicted to stamping
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Alphabet Challenge - anything with wings
My Mum's Craft Shop - spring has sprung
Inspire Me Friday
Stampavie and more - Tag it
Addicted to stamps - addicted to stamping
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Alphabet Challenge - anything with wings
My Mum's Craft Shop - spring has sprung
Inspire Me Friday



16 comments:
Ooh, this is lovely, Cathy! Gorgeous colours and I love that butterfly stamp! Janet xx
I'm going to try that!
Fab spring like tag.
xxx
This is beautiful....give the wee monster hugs from me
Ali x
What a stunning tag Cathy. Those butterflies are gorgeous.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
amazing! love all of the colours and those butterflies are beautiful :)
Lovely tag, great butterflies and gorgeous colours, thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
Pat xx
Stunning tag! Truly a work of art... love the springy colors! :) Thank you for joining the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!
Beautiful tag! Lovely stamping and gorgeous butterflies. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx
Gorgeous tag! Love your fab stamping and beautiful butterflies. Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week.
Oh, this is beautiful! I love all of the colors and the butterflies. Congratulations on your design team gig! Thanks for playing at ATSM this week. :)
Wonderful tag. Those colours are fantastic.
Ah cathy this is stunning,
Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons and good luck
Hugs Kelly
This is stunning Cathy, brilliant inking and stamping, your butterflies are beautiful!!
Thanks so much for joining with both EAC and Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx
Stunning tag! It was interesting to read how you made it, great stamping! Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!
This is so beautiful and I just love your Tag :-)
Thanx for sharing at Stampavie and More this time :-)
Hugs from Karin
it's a beauty thanks for joining us at stampavie and more
Post a Comment