Wednesday, 15 September 2010

InStyle Stamps Inspiration Challenge

This month's InStyle Stamps inspiration challenge is a favourite children's book.
I used Raindrop Chloe which will be released on 24th September ... isn't she just a cuties with that umbrella and sunshine wellies!!
The book I used as inspiration is one of my children's favourites ... Dr Xargle's Book of Earth Weather. In it it says "Unlike us, earthlets are not waterproof. They go soggy in a rainblob." Chloe seems to be enjoying getting soggy!!
I coloured Chloe in using my pens and then cut her out. I pleated some yellow ribbon and added some cerise to the bottom of it. The flower is made by gathering 2 lengths of ribbon and adding a blue button.

I also made a step card using Ariel .. .my little one, Beth, wants to be a mermaid when she grows up, and is becoming slightly obsessed with Ariel!!! So this book is Hans Christian Anderson's Little Mermaid.
Again Ariel is coloured using my pens and cut out. I trimmed the papers to make them look wavy, and added orange ribbon and ricrac. I layered a flower up and added a copule of bows.

Here's a closer look at Ariel ... apparently the hair isn't red enough!!




Recipe:
Stamp(s):
InStyle Stamps Raindrop Chloe; Ariel
Colouring Media: promarkers and copics
Papers: K and Co Que Sera, Basic Grey Marrakesh
Embellishments: from stash

6 comments:

Riet said...

So gorgeous cards Cathy,I love the images and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Patricia said...

I'm not familiar with the weather book, but I think your card is darling! I especially like the ruffled ribbon and the ribbon flower.

I also think you did a fabulous job coloring the mermaid!

CraftyC said...

These are both beautiful cards Cathy, I just adore Ariel!!
Clairex

Scrappychick said...

Chloe is adorable, but I really love the Ariel card...especially with the paper you picked :)

Kimme said...

Great job on both. We have been on a Little Mermaid kick here the past week too.

Kerry said...

Gorgeous projects, love them both!