Friday, 3 September 2010

A hmmmmmm card!

OK my mojo has been a little up and down at the mo, so sketch challenges are really helpful ... unless they have lots of lyers and I layer them up in the wrong order LOL!! Yep this week's Friday Sketcher has been a real challenge, and I think I have layered a couple of layers in the wrong orde, and I have just realised I left a panel off ... sorry! Will be doing another card for this challenge ...eeek!

Anyway I combined the sketch with the Just Magnolia challenge ... cracked glass. I love the cracked glass technique and really enjoyed doing it again ... although the paper was reluctant to crack as I used the thin card I use for my pens rather than my usual cardstock.
Tilda is coloured using my pens and then I follwed the cracked glass technique with her. I get the little bits of gold speckle I used gold embossing powder, and after heating the clear embossing powder, sprinkled a teeny teeny bit over, before using the versamark again. You do have to be really light handed otherwise it looks a mess and soesn't scrap off!! I haven't added any embellies ... I love this daisy D Christmas paper and just couldn't bring myself to cover it with flowers.

Its Beth's 4th birthday tomorrow so we are having a very busy weekend, not sure how much crafting I will get done ... the girls will be sleeping on my craft table LOL!!!!

7 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cathy :-) I love the image and the speckles of gold in there ,, lovely idea :-) fab papers too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

jenny said...

Beautiful card Cathy, love the cracked glass and the mix of papers x

Jenny xx

Susie said...

Lovely card Cathy, gorgeous papers! There's a little something on my blog for you x

Hugs
Susie x

Uma said...

gorgeous, love the crackled glass :)

Janie Printz said...

Very cute card Cathy, love your coloring & papers & I don't blame you for not wanting to cover them up.
Hugs, Janie

Bev said...

Fab card Cathy, well done you for getting the Cracked Glass right (not a hope of me getting it right lol). Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute, love the colors.

Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia!

Hugs, Mindy