Friday, 14 May 2010

Sarah kay in Red

I am having a little break from crafting, and apart from making my DT cards am not really crafting, lost my mojo and inclination :( However Vicky set me the challenge of making a card using a Sarah kay and the colour red - eek!!!

It also fits these challenges:
Passion for Promarkers - Strawberries and cream
A Spoonfull of Sugar - 3 dp and 3 buttons
Simon Says Stamp - sketch
Papertake Weekly - shiny, sparkly and special
Cute card Thursday - Someone special

I am not great with reds, find them really hard to shade, but as Vicky had set the challenge I had a go and am quite pleased with how it has turned out. The papers are embossed and sparkly and I added gems for a bit more bling. This card is special as it is going to a special little girl who is recovering from her 5th operation in less than 2 weeks.

Off to play with the children, nd I'll be back tomorrow with my Secret Crafter DT card.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sarah Kay
Colouring Media: promarkers
Papers: DCWV Nana's Nursery
Embellishments: all from stash

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Cathy :-) you may have lost your inclination, but not your mojo !! that is still there :-) I love how you coloured the image, the reds are fab :-)

I hope your friend's little girl recovers from all this soon xx

thanks for joining the PTW and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

Hi hunny! beautiful card! hope you feel more your happy bouncy self soon! miss ya! hugs Samantha :0)

Heather said...

Gorgeous card, think you've done a great job with the reds, I struggle with those. Great colours and papers and love the flowers - so pretty.
hugs Heather xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Cathy. Love the colours you've used and the image also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Victoria said...

beautiful card hun Ed loves the red lol xxxx

Gina said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, I love the image you have used
Thanks for joining us at PFP this week :)
Gina xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love that paper and the coloring you did!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the image and papers.
Thank you for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cathy, what a pretty card. The image is so cute and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ida / Little said...

Hi Cathy, love your card this week, you have used such a pretty image :) Thanks for joining us at PfP! :)

Hugs Ida

Caryn said...

So pretty Cathy. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Tracy said...

Beautiful card Cathy.
Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x