Saturday, 8 May 2010

Yo ho ho instead of ding dong!

A couple of friends are getting married in a couple of weeks and I thought i had better get on with their wedding card. The theme of the wedding is period cosutme or fancy dress ... basically anything but modern/normal clothes!! So with that in mind, and the fact that I don't really have any wedding images I went for an alternative style of wedding card. Its the first card I have made in several days and I am overally happy with the colouring - I am rubbish at red and black!!!
So we have a pirate theme - its Lis and E dressed up as pirates!! The images are watercoloured and then cut out so I could sit them in the oval. The scallop borders and arrow sentiment from the dp pack, and the flowers are Wild Orchid Craft. I did some rough faux stitching round the edges of the dp, but resisted the temptation to distress the papers.

The card fits these challenges:
Stampavie and more - sketch
Totally Papercrafts - stitching
Charisma Cardz - Wedding
Just Magnolia - It take two (well 3 in this case!!)
Simon Says Stamp - birthday/celebration


I have a couple of other cards on the go ... Vicky has set me a tilda in Lilac challenge which is nearly finished and I have my Sweet Pea stamp to get finished too.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Pirate Tilda, Pirate Edwin, barrel and anchor
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Cosmo Cricket Everafter
Embellishments: from stash


12 comments:

Victoria said...

i love it to bit hun coloured beautifully and a fantastic sentiment xxx

Jen said...

Great idea Cathy! I love all these stamps especially the sentiment on the arrow.
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia challenge this week.
Hugs
Jen x

Helen said...

Fab card Cathy - what a fun idea for a wedding!
Helen x

Sue said...

Hi cathy
i think you have done a great job on your colouring,lovely papers & embelies, lovely stitching, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy,i love your image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

BA said...

this is fabulous!!
thanks for joining us at SAM cathy
xoxo BA

Anne said...

Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts this week, your card is gorgeous
Anne x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Cathy :-) the images are adorable and I really love the colours you used ,,, very unusual wedding card but BRILLIANT too :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Totally Papercrafts Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Vee said...

Wow really different wedding card, love the image and the colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good Luck
xx Vee

Anne H. said...

WOW - your card is gorgeous!
Great colorcombo, great take on the sketch and I love the pirates.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne:)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the stitching and those scallops!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Mel X said...

Fabulous card Cathy, great job with colours. What a wonderful fun way to celebrate a wedding!!

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts, I hope you'll come back and see us again soon. Good luck in the draw.

Mel X