Tuesday, 4 May 2010

It's taking a long time ...

to make, finish and post these 2 cards!! I started them last Friday ... but managed to get a few challenges in with them LOL!!

The first card fits these challenges:
Just magnolia- sketch
Basic Grey - photo inspiration
Totally Gorguss - In Stitches
Tilda is watercoloured and then the background is distressed. I used the fairydust sparkle stamp to stamp around the edge of the image, and then added stickles. The dp are faux stitched in white and black gel pen. I added some organza and gingham ribbon, a bow and charm, and some gems.

The next card fits these challenges:
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - get punchy
Allsorts - animals
Papertake Weekly - sketch
Stamp with Fun - friend
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Furry Friends
Passion for Promarkers - gratitude
I love this PB stamp and that butterfly must be a good friend to be pulling the mouse!! The image is coloured using my pens and then distressed in blue and green ink. I punched the pink detail using my EK success border and swirl punches. I added a layered flower, some pearls and a PB sentiment.

I am finding that I have very little time these days to craft and blog, so I am taking a few months break from a couple of Design Teams. I need to find some time to enjoy crafting, rather than feeling the need to craft.

22 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Cathy, what a pretty card. Love the sweet PB image and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Mummylade said...

adorable image and such soft colours. So glad you joined the Allsorts challenge this time and good luck.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Cathy,i love your images and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jill said...

Hi Cathy 2 gorgeous cards I love the tilda image aww she's so cute and I love the punched edges on the 2nd card thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Ida / Little said...

Cathy the PB image is just adorable, a great colour scheme to! Thanks for joining us at PfP this week.

Hugs Ida

Kath Stewart said...

this is so sweet cathy....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxxx

Annie said...

gorgeous cards and I especially like the fairy dust and sparkle with tilda!
hugs, annie x

Tracy said...

Both gorgeous cards Cathy, i love the image on your PfP one.
Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Heather said...

Two gorgeous card Cathy, love the fabulous colours and papers.....wonderful sparkly Fairy Dust Tilda.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at BG.
hugs Heather xx

Squirrel x said...

Both gorgeous cards Cathy, really lovely. You ought to enter Tilda in the Totally Gorjuss "stitching" challenge this week too. Hugs, Sxxx

Anonymous said...

2 very cute cards hunny, hugs Samantha :0)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards, wonderful colours and sweet details.
luv
Debby

Emma said...

Both such gorgeous cards, love hte image and such pretty colours.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Becky said...

Wow Cathy!
Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, I love this Tilda stamp, such a great idea to have the sparkle over her face!! And adore that punch and image on the 2nd card, both so beautifully coloured too!
So sorry to hear that you're struggling hon, really hope you can stay with us at S&S, you know I'll cover your comments sweetie!
xx

Beth said...

These are so fab! I love the cute little mouse stamp and the swirly flowers are really pretty!

Love Beth xx

Mrs Wonka said...

Hi Cathy, WOW what a beautiful card!

Mrs Wonka (Zoe) xxx

Wiccababe said...

lovely cards Cathy
thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous cards Cathy :-) ,, both of them are just gorgeous :-)

thanks for joining the PTW Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Jane said...

These are gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

lil-paper-pixie said...

Adorable cards Cathy, love that PB image to. Thanks for playing along at Passion for Promarkers.

Hugs

Sarah

Chris said...

Beautiful cards Cathy and such lovely colouring and designs. Thanks for joinig us at BasicGrey challenges. Chris and the DT:)

Michele Roos said...

Two gorgeous cards Cathy. Love the colours you've used and the images also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x