Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Distressing ...

 I have done a couple of tutorials for the That Craft Place Inspiration blog on using distress inks to create backgrounds.

SO I made a tag and a card to demonstrate how you can use inks ...

I love the colours on this - I used Victorian Velvet, frayed burlap, vintage photo and faded jeans, and applied the inks using a blending tool. You can find all the details out here on how I made the background.  I simply stamped and masked the butterflies before adding the tall grass.

Supplies: 
Image: Visible Image Large butterfly, butterfly, tall grass
Sentiment: 
Colouring medium: Distress inks
Papers: 
Embellishments: seam binding
Tools: 

Challenges:

This card was made using the "wet" technique, and you can find out how I did it here.  I ghost stamped the crckled background over the card and stained the cog charm with alcohol inks.

Supplies: 
Image: Visible Image Men's Collage Crackled background
Sentiment: 
Colouring medium: Distress inks
Papers: 
Embellishments: seam binding, webbing
Tools: 

Challenges
 

4 comments:

An Occasional Genius said...

I love this tag Cathy, so gorgeous & a fabulous card too xx

mixamatoasties said...

Both are fab! Must try harder with my next project!

Zippy said...

These are great, love the colours! xx

Alison Scott said...

Wonderful work Cathy.