The first card follows the Just Magnolia sketch, the winter theme over at Fuss and Fancy, Glitter over at Ba Humbag, and the Simon Says Stamps punch it challenge... and I am keeping to my New Year's Resolution of at least 1 Christmas card a week.
Tilda is watercoloured and then I distressed the edges with distress ink. took my distressing tool to the edges of the image and cardstock, then liberally pushed it into my versamark pad (Ellie liked this ..) before sprinkling embossing powder over and heating it (Ellie really liked this bit!!) I (We) repeated the process for the dp and cardstock. I used my cuttlebug snowflake die and pushed it into the versamark pad (helped by Ellie) and then sprinkled with embossing powder (Ellie did this bit) before heating it. I added some raffia and layered punched snowflakes.The second card I made was for several challenges:
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Something sweet
Sketch Saturday - sketch
Allsorts - Hearts and flowers
One Stop Craft Challenge - love and kisses (xxx on the tag, and that mouse loved those chocs!!)
Basic Grey Challenge - Animals
The image was watercoloured and then I inked the edges. I added heart gems to the sweets and to the top corners of the image. I don't have any corner punches so I cut a flower into quarters. I used rirac for the scalloped edge.Its the first challenge tomorrow over at Just Cute Bears Challenge.
And here's a peek at my 1st DT card ...
If you have time do join in.Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Tilda with Vintage roses, Magnolia sentimen; Penny Black Sweet Slumbers, Papermania sentiments
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Fruitcake; Basic GreyInfuse
Embellishments: all from stash

28 comments:
super jolie!
Hi Cathy, what lovely cards you've made even if you don't feel well. They are both great images. I love Tilda and Penny Black....and of course bears.
I'm getting quite excited about our first challenge tomorrow at Just Cute Bears!
Kat xx
Gorgeous cards Cathy :-) Both of them are lovely and it is nice that you can share your hobby with Ellie :-) before long she will have her own blog ! :-)
Hope you feel better soon x x
thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
lols x x x
Hi Cathy
2 beautiful cards - especially love the colours you have used on the PB one. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Hope you feel better soon.
Take care
Debs xx
Ah Cathy hope you feel better soon.
Both cards are gorgeous!
love tasha xx
Hi Cathy,
Hope you feel better soon hun. Great cards and glad to hear your daughter enjoyed herself helping you.
Hugs Ali x
Cathy, I hadn't realized what a big difference water coloring would make, but it adds just so-o-o much to the total effect! Your love and kisses card is really beautiful. You and Ellie did a great job of crafting today. What a joy it must be to have a young artist in the family! Hope you are over the cold very soon.
wow simply stunning,love those papers and adore the image hope you feel better soon hun hugs cheryl xxxx
Hi Cathy, hope you are feeling better, your little heart and kisses card is adorable, love that image. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week. Hugs Suzi
Both cards are lovely.
I can just see that little mouse licking his lips lol
Lisa;)
Gorgeous card love the sweet image and the papers are lovely. Thanks for joining the OSCC challenge this week. luv gina xx
Hope your soon feeling better. xx
gorgeous cards cathy....and great take on the sweet challenge...love that image and your fab papers...hope you feel better soon......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx
Beautiful cards Cathy and congrats on your DT position at Just Cute Bears, I can't wait to see what those challenges will be!
Get well soon!
Thank you so much for joining in our challenge at OSCC this week!
Chrissie
Such stunning cards!! They are both just fabulous!! Congrats on your DT hun!! So deserving!! HUGS
2 lovely cards - Tilda is so pretty and your PB card is very cute and lovely colours. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x
Sorry you're a bit under the weather Cathy. Fabulous couple a cards, Tilda looks great and I love the snowflakes! My favourite is the Penny Black one though - its been on my wish list for ages - might get round to purchasing it this year LOL!
Hope your feeling better real soon chuck.
Mel X
Both gorgeous cards hun, love them. Sorry you are feeling so poorly, hope you are on the mend soon. Hugs, Squirrel xx
Hope you feel better soon. Gorgeous cards, love them both.
luv
Debby
both cards are fabulous. I love the way you have used half a snowflake on your first card and the colouring is just lovely.
Well done on keeping to your resolution to do one card a week. That's our aim at Bah! Humbug! and it should mean that next Christmas is so stress free.
Ann xxx
Two stunning and fabulous cards, your chocolates look good enough to eat.
I love your Christmas card, and your watercolouring is fantastic. I love the blue and silver for Christmas.
Hope you are feeling better by now.
Thank you so much for joining us at Bah!Humbug! and congratulations on sticking to your resolution.
luv
irene
xxxx
great cards Cathy, oh no I feel for you and hope your feeling better very soon...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xx
Hi Cathy, Love your gorgeous cards! Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.
Lisa x
Beautiful cards Cathy - how sweet that your daughter likes to help with the messy bits.
Am recovering from nasty flu-type bug that hubby brought home with him so can sympathise, but it is obviously not interfering in your creativity. Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for playing along with us at Bah! Humbug! this week.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Beautiful cards, nice that you have a helper :). Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
What sweet cards! I especially like your valentine card with animals for our latest challenge. Thanks for playing along with BG Challenges!
Anthea & the BG Team :)
Beautiful cards, love the Tilda christmas! Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy
This is lovely. Many thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc.
Hugs Shelley xx
Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing your creative creations with us at Fussy and Fancy.
Post a Comment