Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Snow day ...again!!!

The girls are off pre-school and school again due to the snow ... and niether is open tomorrow.
I do sometimes wonder how northern countries survive weeks and months of snow!!!
So the girls made snowmen again today, did the snow angels bit and generally wore themselves out .. and then crashed under the duvet watching .. Underground Ernie!!! At that point I escaped upstairs to make a couple of challenge cards.
The first is for the Whiff of Joy challenge (aqua and red)
Henry is watercoloured and then cut out and matted using my nesties. The papers are from a huge stack I was bought by a non-crafting friend in January ... and I think they work really well on this!

Onto my next card ... a few challenges for this one:
Simon Says Stamp - Hot Chocolate
Everyone-art-challenge - favourite colour combo ... anything with brown!!
Creative Card Crew - distressing
Stampavie and more - sketch


I watercoloured the image having stamped it in sepia and then distressed it using anique linen, brushed corduroy and walnut stain. I limited some of the ribbon/paper strip elements to brads, as being such a big image (and its a 6"x6" card) it looked to busy. Using sepai I stamped the swilr and star pattern, and added part of a WOJ sentiment to the image. Oh and the papers are Basic Grey Mellow ... well after all those marshmallows and chocolate those meeces will be well mellow!!

25 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

Great cards, love all of your details and coloring. Have a great day!

Heather said...

Hi Cathy - Happy New Year - I hope it's a really good one for you.
Love your cards, isn't Henry just so adorable and of course I love my mousies. Fabulous colouring and choice of papers. Your distressing is fantastic.
hugs Heather xx

Ali Watson said...

Oh how cute is Henry fabby colours and your watercolouring is fab. the house mouse card is simply adorable and great distressing. will be stalking the postie lol. Stay safe and warm tell the girls to make a snowman for Ali :D

cats whiskers said...

Two great cards hun, just love the Henry Mouse beautiful colours, We have our snow at last
Hugs Jacqui x

having a {me} day said...

Both of your cards a re just fabulous and you made great use of your snowy time. kxx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love these cards Henry is such a little star!! :0)

Nilla said...

Gorgeous cards, love the papers and Henry is so cute and the coloring of the second one, perfect! Hugs Nilla

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy :-) I love them both ,, the images and papers are just perfect :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Hot Chocolate Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

p.s ,, don't forget to link your post with Mr Linky on my blog candy :-) I saw your comment but no link !! :-)

Lorraine A said...

ok you must have been linking while I was here lol :-)

Helen said...

Lovely cards Cathy...all that hot chocolate is making me thirsty! lol
Helen x

Claire Ellen Designs said...

love your Henry mouse, such a bright, zingy card, great job, thanks for joining in at WOJ,
hugs,
Claire xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what fabby cards, especially love Henry.
luv
Debby

Karen said...

Gorjus gorjus cards Cathy.

Love Karen x

cheryl said...

wow great card those papers really make the image pop love it hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Spyder said...

aw that Henry is soooo cute!! He has to go on my wish list!!
((Lyn)

Ingela said...

Hi!

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining SAM!

Hugs
Ingela x

BA said...

hi cathy
such a gorgeous cards
thanks for joining us at stamapvie & more
xoxo BA

nessy said...

think you may need a warm drink?? (looking at these two cards!)
fabby cards ~beautifully made!!
hope you are all still enjoying the snow and the fun it brings!!..oh and a warm drink!!
vanessa xx

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards hun, great colour combo's on both, just luv the hm images,sue.x

Jane said...

Gorgeous cards, beautiful details, thanks for joining us at WOJ, hugs, Jane xx

Anne H. said...

Such a lovely card!
Beautiful colors, great take on the sketch.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne :)

Donalda said...

Lovely cards dear and the Aqua and Red papers are divine dear. Thanks for joining us at WOJ

Leonie said...

Beautiful cards, great colors!
Thanks for playing along at EAC!

Leonie xx

Suzanne said...

Cathy this is gorgeous thank you for joining us at PFP this week Sue :o)

Sam said...

Wonderful cards Cathy. Love the distressing on the second one and the image, another one for my wish list!
Thanks for playing along at CCC.
Sam x