Saturday, 30 January 2010

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge week 68

This week's challenge has been set by the lovely Wendy and it is hearts ... very romantic and the ideal opportunity to get that Valentine card made!!

I used bits and pieces from my Magnolia winter kit, and watercoloured them all before cutting them out. The bow and hearts on the spoony/loopy thing are decoupages to give some depth. I mounted Tilda using foam pads to add to the feeling of depth. A bit of faux stitching in white and some pink card candy finishes it off. I doodled the sentiment in the heart ... might give it hubby ... if he's good!!

Do take a look at the other DT members cards and join in.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Winter kit
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Bittersweet
Embellishments: card candy from stash

14 comments:

Debs said...

Hi Cathy
This is simply stunning!!
Have alovely day
Debs xx

Karen said...

Absolutely stunning !

Love Karen x

LilyPuss Cards said...

Lovely card Cathy...love those DP's
Hugs
Jan....x

Victoria said...

Hi Cathy
This is amazing I absolutely adore every single element of it x

Uma said...

beautiful, fab decoupaging

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute is that! love it Cathy!
Samantha :0)

debby4000 said...

A gorgeous and adorable card, love it.
luv
Debby

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy and snap we used the same Basic Grey paper pad. Love it! Hugs, Wendy x

Pauline C said...

Another great card - fab layout and colouring
Pauline x

Helen said...

Beautiful card Cathy!
Love the Bittersweet papers....such delicious colours!
Helen x

Riet said...

Wowwww Cathy,what a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Nicky said...

Wow such a pretty card really beautiful x

mrsk06 said...

Hi Cathy

Gorgeous card! i love your colour combo and stitching too it sets it off a treat!

Take care

Sal x

Mel X said...

Hi Cathy, love this pretty card - thought you didn't do pink LOL! I love everything about it, and that stitching - I thought it was real!!! A wonderful layout

Hope your well, you sound really busy with your crafting. Hope you get chance to have some "me" time - maybe hubby will pamper you on valentines.

Take care

Mel X