Sunday, 20 September 2009

Maddy's card

One of my friend's had a baby earlier this week, Madeline Jean, and I have made this card for the happy parents.
I used the sketch from Trully Scrumptious (and 3 stamps), and as it has a hidden message I am entering into this week's Cute Card Thursday. The flowers mean that it also fits Charisma Cardz Flower Power theme, and the lace and pearls fit Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

I used three of my large flowers from Poppicrafts (I so miss their flowers!) and layered them on to a circle cut from the dp. I followed the sketch, just skewing some of the dp slightly. I added some smaller flowers and put pearls at their centres, and used both vcotton and raffia lace. The Tim Holtz ticket is attached by a brad so it moves, and stapled to the circle.
I love using this cute baby hedgie for baby cards. I watercoloured her and cut her out. The flower circle moves to cover the sleeping hedgie.
I stamped the sentiment on the inside and added the cute mices, again watercoloured. I can't wait to see Maddy, hopefully mum and baby are out of hospital today.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Hammock and Daisy Chain; WOJ Baby sentiment
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: DCWV Nursery stack
Embellishments: flowers, lace, brads, pearls from stash.

18 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow Cathy such a beautiful card and so creative - its beautiful.
love tasha xx

CraftyC said...

So sweet Cathy, love the stsmping hidden with the flower. Your friend will love it!
Clairex

Karen said...

Aaaawwww soooo cte n gorjus. Good luck with all those challenges.

Love Karen x

Beth said...

Such a pretty card Cathy! I love the hidden hedgie and the colours are beautiful! Thanks for joining in with the TS and PB challenges!

Beth xx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card cathy..love how you used the lace and pearls and thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSc..hugs kath xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Love how you have achieved the hidden element. Thanks for joining us this week on CCT.
Caz
x

cheryl said...

2 beautiful cards,sure your friend will love it love cheryl xx

Uma said...

vety clever and so pretty too

Helen said...

Awww...this is adorable Cathy!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaawww this is really cute love the inside too! very pretty card! :0)

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the hidden image and fabulous inside too.
luv
Debby

Michele Roos said...

Such an adorable card Cathy.Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us at TS this week. Hugs Michele x

Sally said...

Fabulous card. It is really adorable. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card, I'm sure it will be treasured.

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan x

Kim. said...

What a beautiful card, I'm sure mum and dad will love it.
Kim xXx

Annie said...

so beautiful! and love the soft colours. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Cathy - fab images and love the hidden treasure idea.
Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Heather said...

Hi Cathy - this is gorgeous - beautiful colours and I just love your hidden Hedgies.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
hugs Heather xx