Sunday, 27 September 2009

The results of my weekend

What a busy weekend!!! It was hubby's birthday yesterday, and he had arranged to collect his new car ... very nice, just a bit RED!!!! We went to Southport to see the Red Arrows at the air show there. They were really good, and although they didn't do their really big loops, the girls loved the show. Today we have been to Bury to by his birthday present .. a camera for him, so he doesn't need to nick mine all the time!
I have found some time to do some crafting, but my back is really painful (thanks to a small child swinging on me and twisting it!!) so I haven't spent as long as I would like to in my craft room.

The first card is for the Allsorts Challenge, Autumn Days.
I adore this Tina Wenke image, Opossum Pals, and coloured it using my promarkers and copics, all available at the Secret Crafter. The papers are Basic Grey Mellow and I used organza brown ribbon and orange satin ribbon from my stash.

The next card is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, pink, brown and yellow, and I used the Saturday Sketch, which I rotated.
I coloured this cute mouse (Penny Black Gifts for you) in using my distress inks. I inked the edges and matted it onto the dp. The dp is Basic Grey Sugared. I added brown ricrac, and punched the scalloped edge with my Stampin'up punch. The flowers are punched and should have pearls in the centre but I think small fingers have had them away whilst i was finding the camera! Please imagine pink pearls! The sentiment is from Pollycraft Sherbert Dreams and is stamped in sepia.

Finally I used the Friday Sketcher sketch and this week's Just Magnolia pink and grey challenge to make this card.
I coloured Dala Tilda in using my promarkers and then inked the edges in pink and black soot ink. The papers are Basic Grey (Boxer and Eva) and I stamped swirls from a TAC set I have. I added grey organza from my stash and a layered flower using prima flowers and a rose bud.

I have another busy week ahead of me ... but am hoping to get back in my craft room in the evenings.

Its a new Sketch and Stash challenge tomorrow, and I LOVE the card I have made for it, partly because Becky's sketch is a cracker ... do pop back to take a peek.


18 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy!
Glad you had a good weekend...hope your back feels better soon! :0)
Helen x

Lorraine A said...

Ooh these are all gorgeous cards Cathy :-) I do love that Tilda image ;-)
It sounds like you've had an action packed weekend ,, hope your back is ok tomorrow ! ;-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Victoria said...

busy bee! Love all of these, the BG papers are so lovely and seem to g with everything you do

Victoria
x

Jo Hopwood said...

I do hope my DH remembered to wish your DH a happy birthday (I'm not confident, hence this comment!)

You need to come and visit Maddy soon, her mummy and daddy will love the card you made for her!

Anonymous said...

Grrrreat cards Cathy I love the Opossum's they are sooooo cute! all the cards are so lovely! glad you and the family had a good weekend and Hubby had a fab time too! and got his new car! sorry to hear your back is bad again! hope you feel better real sooon! speak soon hugs to all! Samantha :0)

Jules said...

Wow - you have been busy Cathy. Just how many cards would you have made without the poorly back?

Lovely cards.

Love your Allsorts autumn card. You image is just so very cute and the colours are perfect.

Thanks for playing along with Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Pauline C said...

3 fab cards Cathy ... love the cute Tina Wenke image, it's darling ...a nd your cute image and fab use of the PBSC coloru scheme. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

cheryl said...

gorgoues cards as usual hun great detail hope you feel better soon love cheryl xxxxxxx

Squirrel x said...

Oh Cathy, you have made me feel so guilty! I bought that Possum stamp for our anniversary and forgot all about it! Love all of your cards hun, brilliant as always, but the PB is my fave (of course). Hope your back is better soon. Squirrel xx

Beth said...

These are such cute cards! I love the top one - such a sweet image! Fab papers too! Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge this week!

Beth xx

Kim. said...

All three cards are gorgeous, sounds like you had a lovely but busy weekend.
Hope you back pain subsides soon, I know only too well how that can effect you.
Kim xXx

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful cards cathy...love the image and how you used the colour combo...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

Gro said...

Great card.

Thanks for playing with us at Allsorts

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

All these cards are fab but especially the one for the Allsorts challenge love the image its so sweet

Thanks for playing along

Emma xxx

brenda said...

Great cards Cathy, all so different.

We often see the Red Arrows as the fly over us in their training. They are pretty spectacular.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Allison said...

beautiful cards
AllisonX

Sandra said...

Wow you have been busy with all your gorgeous creations. Hope your back feels better soon. Thanks for joining in with us on Sketch Saturday, my last week as part of the DT :o(
Hugs
Sandra x

Jeanette said...

Wow, if that is how many gorgeous cards you create with a sore back....look out when you feel better. Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along at Friday Sketchers and Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs Jeanette