Monday, 4 June 2012

Tag you're it x 2!!


I missed out on doing Tim's May tag, so I made 2 using inspiration from his June tag.

I made this tag using a photo of my Dad - he's 70 this year!!!
I used vintage photo and peeled paint distress stain to create the tag background, and then stamped the background stamp over the tag.  I used distress markers to colour in parts of the photo, before placing it onto some torn design paper.  I distressed the edges in walnut stain ink.  I stained up some seam binding and added it to the tag., before adding a buckle with more binding tied through it.  Finally I added some metal work and an adage ticket and some film strip.
 
I used the photo Tim used on his tag for this and coloured it using my distress markers.  The tag background is created using worn lipstick and vintage photo distress stain.  I stained up some embrodiered flower strip and added a photo strip, a brass heart and a teaddy charm, aged using crackle paint.

Challenges -
Make it Monday
Cupcake Craft- Tag you're it
Joanna Sheen - remember when
The Stamp man - make it for a man
Simon Says Stamp and Show - texture


12 comments:

Vicky said...

Two gorgeous tags Cathy....:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Sandra said...

Great tags :o) Thank you for joining us this time on the Joanna Sheen Challenge blog. Hope you can join in again soon.
Sandra x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous tags,I like the one with your dad, it's something to treasure!

Many thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craft Challenges this week.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Jane said...

Hi I saw you on MIM great tags especially the one you made for your Dad
Jane x

Chrissy said...

Two gorgeous tags Cathy... love the one with your Dad..

Thanks for sharing at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sandie said...

Your tags are just divine, love what you have done with both of them and gorgeous images too! Thanks for taking part in the Joanna Sheen challenge this fortnight...

Unknown said...

Two gorgoeus Tags Cathy wow fabulous work Hugs Elaine

Winnie said...

Great tags! I love that you used a picture of your dad when he was a boy..What a special keepsake. Great coloring of both of them with the distress markers too.

mixamatoasties said...

Fab tags sweetie!

Susan xx

Liza said...

A gorgeous tag, I love the colours and your embellishments. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Debs M said...

great tags, love the one of your dad with the film strip, saw them on mim x

Brenda Brown said...

Two fabulous tags Cathy and I especially love the one with the picture of your Dad.
Thanks for sharing this at the Stamp Man challenge this fortnight.
hugs {brenda} xox