Monday, 25 June 2012

Alcohol inks and metallic promarkers galore!


I love playing around and messing, and I am trying to combine more of my inks with each other - so I had a play with alcohol inks and metallic promarkers (I confess to loving my metallic markers!) whilst making up my samples for Crafting Time.

 I needed to make a box to put a friend's birthday present in, but confess to be rubbish at making boxes so I used a naked secret book I had waiting to be altered. Crafting Time have a fab range of binderie, naked and altered art products.  I used my alcohol inks - eggplant, stonewashed and silver.  I used my blending tool, and worked up the colour and mottling over 4 layers of ink.  With patience you can get the ink into all the nooks and crannies!!  For the inside I laid down a vase using my amythest promarker and then used my metallic promarkers and airbrush to build up the mottling, as the blending tool was too big to fit inside easily!
Finally I made the rolled flower using the Spellbinders bitty blossoms die, securing the base with glossy accents, before layering it up onto paper flowers. Finally I added a pearl to the centre of the flower.

The earrings and drop pendant were made by my cousin, who did glass blowing as part of her Art Degree.



And for something else - very different for me ...!!!

I bought this  mask ages ago to do for a party, and have never got round to doing it!! I used my alcohol inks - eggplant, stonewashed and silver.  I used my blending tool, and worked up the colour and mottling up the colour using different combinations of the inks on my blending tool.  I used  the fancy swirl stamp from IndigoBlu's Wild Meadow stamp set, and stamped it over the mask using silver, blue and purple metallic promarkers. Finally I added some little pearls for decoration.
The side ...
 And the other side ...
 And Ellie wearing it - but only for the photo - its MINE!!!
 Challenges:
Make it Monday
Simon Says Stamp - anything but  card
Simon Says Stamp n Show - depth of distress



14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

These are beautiful and so creative. Love everything about your creations.
Hugs
Desíre
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Doing Life

Sandy said...

how cool does she look in your mask. Saw this on MIM Sandy :)

blackdragon said...

Gorgeous Mask .Saw it on MM.
BDx

alison said...

Fantastic artwork! Ellie looks cute in that gorgeous mask Cathy! Love the glass jewelry too!
Alison x

Rene said...

Fantastic!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week. Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
Rene :D

mamapez5 said...

Hi. I only have gold and silver promarkers, but I have never thought to use them for stamping. I must give it a go. Your mask is very clever. I love it. I saw yiu on MIM. Kate x

cheiron said...

What a gorgeous mask. Love the pretty colors and the metallic element too. Thanks for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Candy C said...

Very cool little gift box for your friend! I also love the mask you've made. It's really lovely with all of your stamping and blending of color. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Scrappycath said...

Very cool work on the mask. I saw this on MIM!

Faye said...

Hello Cathy. I saw your Very Beautiful projects on MIM..Faye

loz said...

Hi Cathy.I saw you Beautiful Items on MIM..Loz

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous creations Cathy!! Saw this on MIM. Thanks for sharing with us. Have a wonderful day!! Gloria

Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Cathy that mask is divine!

I agree it's so much fun playing around and discovering how each technique works. I often have a play just on some card then use that in later projects.

Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week (so far!). I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Marijke said...

love both of your creations, they are great