So my desk ...
I have been playing with paint again - this time to create a tag. Hubby says the brush I use for my acrylic paint is a disgrace and it needs to go in the bin .. I pulled some of the 'hairs' out and added varish to others and scuffled them up, so now it does a really good stippling effect .. and I am happy with it!!
I cut some grungeboard hearts out using a Marieanne Creatible heart die, but I didn't shim it up so the middle bit didn't get cut out (if that makes sense!). I then covered them in TH copper crackle paint to go with the image.
Might have a few charms!! I was looking for a heart one, and needless to say it was at the bottom of the jar!! That got done over in TH picket fence crackle paint. And I edged the hearts in picket fence crackle paint too.
And then changed my mind about the colour of the hearts .. .too brassy, so I painted them in gold crackle paint!! (I love ma heat gun!!!)
And the tag finished ...
The image is Knitted with Love from Sugar Nellie and it is coloured using my promarkers. The tag is one I made myself from kraft cardstock and the dp is MME and Basic grey Capella. I inked all the edges with vintage photo and inked the heart doilly and lace to age them a bit. The TH adage tickets have been given a bit of acrylic paint and a bit of a creasing. I stamped swirls round the dp, and then added part of a SU sentiment. In the end I only used 1 heart and having punched a hole in it I used jump rings to attach it to the lace. The heart charm is attached using junp rings. Oh I almost forgot, I added some copper stickle to the fairy.
and I am looking to make one of those book box thingys (very technical!) for a friend ... if anyone can guide me to a good tutorial ...please xx
Challenges:
Magical Monday - Christmas in September
Creative Stamp Friends - anything but a card
Shabby Tearoom - vintage white
My Time to Craft - Letter L - love, lace
Stampavie and More - love
Crafty Creations - Fabulous Fairies
Simon Says Stamp - Dies to Die for


41 comments:
Love your tag... glad someone else can't wait for paint to dry and just heat guns everything!!
It was great that you showed how you made the lovely tag. I always love the process as much as the finished project. Gotta agree with Annette about the heat gun, too.
Oh holy tags! This one is adorable. I'm so impatient so I was concerned with step one, but look how your finish came in first place!
I love tags in general to useI thing they are a great size and shape and I have to say this one is stunning, thanks for sharing.
Helen x
that's a real darling tag made with real love!
Thanks for sharing your desk today...
Sarah ( at 1)
I LOVE that tag, and it really looks like it's been made with love and fun!! Fabulous!
(Lyn)
HappyWOYWW
Your tag is absolutely gorgeous shabby chic style.
Have creative week and happy woyww
hugs judex10
one's brushes are very personal and special, it takes time and effort to develop one into the special tool you cannot be without, yours appears to be a perfect stippler -if that tag is anything to go by...
dx
That was great seeing all the stages that went into the pretty, pretty tag! :)
Love those copper hearts and the finished tag looks great - and I don't really "do" sweet - but I love this..
Gorgeous tag, looks like its well worth all the mess. Happy WOYWW,
xoxo Marjo #36
Beautiful tag! The stamped image is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing x
Thanks for sharing your space this week, I always enjoy visiting and hope you have a fabulous rest of the week. Brilliant tag.
Lovely tag. Nice to see how things are made. Very clever
Thanks for sharing WOYWW with us, your tags look lovely - I'd never want to give them away if I had them that's the problem! Enjoy WOYWW!
This looks like the sweetest Valentine fairy evah! Love the tag and all it's divine embellies! WOW
Thank you for playing Crafty Creations Challenge with us. Do come again, it's always fun for us to see wonderful work as yours. Good luck! :)Peggy
Looks like you had so much fun making this ...have to agree about the brushes ...but if they work for you thats all that matters. Your final result is stunning...absolutely gorgeous.
Tag is awesome
Happy WOYWW
great looking tag it is so cute. I am another one that uses the heat gun to dry everything. Not a patient soul here! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie
great looking tag it is so cute. I am another one that uses the heat gun to dry everything. Not a patient soul here! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie
Cool desk! Thanks for sharing
Clare H
Love the tag, very sophisticated colour scheme
Sweet tag. I like to dabble in paint just a little - I'm not big on techniques I have to wait to dry either.
I so love your image and may have to add it to my wish list. Love how you have taken us through the process you've used. Thanks for joining us at Magical Mondays Challenges for our Christmas in September challenge and good luck,
H xx
Adorably fun stuff...gotta love a great tag! Pop Art Minis
That tag is just gorgeous! have a happy Wednesday! Mel (43)
I love to work with paint and your tag turned out so beautiful.
Great tag! I saw a good tutorial in last months edition of Craft Stamper if that's any help!!
Hugs
Brenda 88
Yay for the heat gun! Loving your workspace... so creative! The tag is awesome... the acrylic paint adds so much texture and a real shabby/vintage feel.
Have a wonderful WOYWW!
Bubbles
aka Sheleen at patchworkapples
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.com/
Your tag is lovely, I think I need that Sugar Nellie image! LOL
Happy WOYWW
I'm glad time flys for someone else.
Happy tagging.
Such a fabulous tag and great that you showed the process of how you achieved it. Thanks for playing along at Magical Monday.
Marion
what a pretty tag. the gold heart does go well with the rest of the tag. and i thin i need one of those heat guns!
Gorgeous tag, and fabulous tutorial, very inspiring. Saw this on Make It On Mondays. Julia xx
Beautiful tag and thanks for showing how you made it - really interesting to see how you went about making the heart. Love my heat gun too.
I’ve a giveaway over on my blog, you might like to take a look at:- http://silverscrappers.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-memories-suite-digital-software.html
Elizabeth x #125
Beautiful tag, gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC this week.
Pat xx
That is one gorgeous tag! Love all those embellishments. Thanks for sharing at The Shabby Tearoom this week.
I always like looking at how things get made so appreciate your taking time to stop and take pictures. I was once asked to do a tutorial for making a journal and I wasn't able to because i would just keep working and forgettiong to take pictures!
Cute tag! Patsy from
HeARTworks
Absolutely beautiful and what a wonderful creative idea.
Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Stamp Friends.
Hugs, Katja
Absolutely adorable! I love this. Thanks for sharing with us at crafty creations challenges! Bx
Gorgeous tag idea. Adore the beautifully image used and the techniques used.
Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday Challenge.
Jayne xx
Post a Comment