Sunday, 13 September 2009

Teal and Orange

This week's Whiff of Joy challenge is to use teal and orange. EEEEEKKKKKKK! So out of my comfort zone! I am not a fan of orange!
Any way here is my attempt.
I watercoloured Charlotte and distressed the background. I used my deckled nesties to cut her and the matt out. I have kept the dp subtle, I did ponder the brighter sheets ... but had second thoughts! I layered up some flowers and added a charm and some lace. Finally I added stickles for the buttons and details on Charlotte's outfit - well princesses need sparkle!


I am going to enter this into Katharina's GDT spot ... more subtle than the other entry LOL!!

Karen has passed this fab award onto me:

Thanks, hun. I have to tell you 5 things about me:

  1. I don't like chocolate ... except for malteasers!
  2. I'm a closet Take That fan (love their stuff since re-forming)
  3. My favourite band of all time is The Vapours
  4. I hate ice-cream
  5. I'm not good at telling people things about myself LOL!
Recipe:
Stamp(s): WOJ Princess Charlotte
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Basic Grey Marrakesh
Embellishments: punched flowers and leaves, lace, charm, brads, spacers and prima flower from stash

8 comments:

Chrissie said...

Lovely card Cathy and beautifully coloured.
Good luck in the challenge and congratulations on your award.

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgeous card Cathy. Love the combo but I know what you mean about orange!

Hugs Jane x

cats whiskers said...

Brilliant card dear, fab colouring great image and perfect layout, and you couldn't tell you "don't do orange", best of luck with the DT call
Hugs Jacqui x

Victoria said...

girl done good if these aren't your colours!

Victoria
x

Kim. said...

This card is gorgeous but I'm with you on these sort of colours I tend to avoid them too.
Kim xXx

Pauline C said...

Lovely card Cathy - love the soft versions of the required colours which give an overall very gentle effect :-)
Pauline x

Karen said...

Well I think it's a gorjus card Cathy. Really love it.

Love Karen x

Anonymous said...

You've done a beautiful job with these colors hun!!! I love this card!! HUGS