Saturday, 5 September 2009

Just Magnolia - Mina's sketch

I am still taking time out from the blogging ... life is so hectic at the moment, and with Ellie at school now I feel I need to spend time with her when she is at home. Beth has had a great birthday ... it is still going on and will until Monday when the last of the adoring Auntie's visit! I am doing a sneaky post while dave and one of the girls' aunties baths them and does the bedtime thing!! I will try to get a pic of Ellie in her uniform for another post.

Mina has done a fantastic sketch over at Just Magnolia, and it provided me with an ideal opportunity to get one of the many children's birthday cards we have coming up done!
I watercoloured my image and used these fab papers from K and Co. I added buttons and gold braid, but have just realised that the sentiment is still somewhere in my craft room ... I say that as I made the card yesterday and then turned my room into a bedroom for the girls as we have friends staying ... so the sentiment could be anywhere!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Lion
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: K and Co Hopscotch
Embellishments: buttons and gold thread from stash

9 comments:

Victoria said...

great card Cathy, love the lion. Good luck finding the sentiment

Victoria
x

Jill said...

fantastic card Cathy, I love the bright orange and yellow hugs Jill xx

CraftyC said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy, love the stamp and papers. Enjoy your time with Ellie and hope you get in a routine soon, enjoy your timeout in the meanwhile!
Clairexx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Hi Cathy, what a cutie love the lion and you have coloured him beautifully. Super job.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy,i love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Pauline C said...

Very cute - lovely image and fab colours
Pauline x

cheryl said...

another great card hun love that lion he is super cute love cheryl xxxxxxx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour combo and the gorgeous image xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, wonderful lion.
luv
Debby