Sunday, 21 June 2009

Summer

This week's Just Magnolia challenge is summer, and I have combined the challenge with this week's Friday Sketcher.

I masked Tilda and the summer background, and coloured them using promarkers. I matted the image onto pale blue cardstock, and matted some of the dp onto pink cardstock. I added white mulberry flowers with baby pink tea roses threaded through them. I twisted the stems round a cocktail stick. I added baby blue organza to finish the card off. I was going to add some swirls, but I really like the simplicity and cleanness of this - so no fuss!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia Tilda with basket; Summer butterfly background
Colouring Media: Promarkers

Papers: Papermania
Embellishments: tea roses, mulberry flowers, organza ribbon from stash

13 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

so pretty

hugs jane x

strawberry fields said...

this is scrummy
fiona x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cathy,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

cheryl said...

this is beautiful such a sweet summer theme,great detail too love cherylxxx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Cathy, I love the little scene you've created hugs Jill xx

Unknown said...

wow that looks so pretty and really wonderful.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
hugs, bea

Rachelsmum said...

Lovely summery card and you used my favourite paper too. xxsue

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Cathy, love the background stamp and great colours. Take care
Clairex

Donna said...

This is such a delightful little card Cathy and super little scene, very pretty indeed :) Donna x

Manuela said...

this scene is so great cathy :) love the colours and the tilda you've used =) hugs, manuela

debbies said...

What a great scene!!!

Chris said...

It's just perfect and I love your little scene! Thanks for playing along. I am so happy to be the sponsor this week over at Friday Sketchers - it's wonderful to visit with everyone!

Anonymous said...

So sweet, a wonderful card. hugs rachxx