Thursday, 25 June 2009

DutchDare Card Challenge #54

This week's challenge is to make a triangle card, so I have made a 3 sided triangle card. I haven't done one of these for ages so it took a while to find the template I use!!
I had great fun making it, but have left it quite simply decorated as I was getting short of time LOL!
Here's the front:

I used one of my latest Sugar Nellies and coloured her in and cut her out using my nesties. I did some faux stitching, something else I haven't done for a while!

And the side(s):

For the sides I used butterflies from my Magnolia Spring kit and decoupaged them and added some Stickles.

So here is how I made my card:


I have a template that I use - it is an isoceles triangle (I made it by folding the paper in half)


Using the template I draw it fiently out onto 12x12" paper so that the sides touch like this :


Then I cut it out and score the two sides and rub any pencil marks out.


Simple as that.

Then I decorate it:

I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Fragile Beauty; Magnolia Butterflies
Colouring Media: Promarkers
Papers: Making Memories
Embellishments: none!!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Gorjus card Cathy. Can I ask where you got your template from ? Love the colours and that image is a cutie.

Love Karen x

Kari said...

Hi! Wow, this is beautiful!! The image so cute and the colors are fab :)
Thank you for visting my blog and for your comment :)
Have a nice day in the sun :)

Hugs, Kari :)

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! This is so cool! Love the triangle shape, and the image and papers are beautiful!

Have a great day! Hugs, Lena

cheryl said...

gorjus card love that image and great colours too love cheryl xxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

love it!

will have to have a go at this

hugs jane x

Karin said...

Your triangle card is so gorgeous.
Less is more!!
Love the beautifull colours, stitching and adorable image.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Anonymous said...

very beautiful Love the card shape too! pretty colours and lovely image :0)

Desire Fourie said...

Thanks for sharing such a different shaped card. Love the mauve colour combo. Hugs from Desire

Kaz said...

Ooooh love the design! Got to have a go at this. Love the colours & how you decorated your card.
Kaz xx