Sunday, 21 June 2009

Penny Black meets Sketch Saturday

I have missed the last couple of weeks of the PBSC challenge and Sketch Saturday, so I have combined their challenges and come up with this ...

I do make alot of clean and simple cards for commissions, but very rarely for blog challanges. I watercoloured the teddy and chose just to use white, pink and green cardstock. I embossed the white card using my Swiss dots and D'vine Swirls folders and drew two embossed lines between the embossing. I cut the scalloped edges using my Fiskers threading water punch. Rather than add a sentiment I tied some ribbon round some white cardstock. I added white and pink brads to finish the sketch. Simple but effective I think.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Rainin' Daisies
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: Carstock
Embellishments: brads and ribbon from stash

7 comments:

ella bella said...

cute card love the image
hope your having a great weekend
Tracy x

Saskia said...

Oooh... so sweet and beautifil!! lovely card!

Saskia :)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

very pretty cathy (and pink too LOL)

Hugs Jane x

Riet said...

What beautiful Cathy,l love the image.

Hugs Riet.x

stephanne said...

I had to squeeze a few challenges into one myself, need a few more hours in the day I think!!
Your colouring is great, and I've been snooping around your blog and having a good old time looking over all of your creations. Love the papers and very versatile selection of stamps!!
Stephanie

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card Cathy...love the cute image and your embossed panels.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs Kath xxxx

Sarah said...

This is a really lovely card. I quite often go for the simple layout and this is fantastic!
xx :0)