Wednesday, 24 June 2009

ABC challenge T is for ...

Two Tone
For this challenge we want you to use just two colours (excluding skin colours). There are so many combinations, which to choose? I came up with blue and brown.

I watercoloured my image using distress inks. I orginally used Walnut stain for the brown but didn't like the look, so the browns in the image are lighter than those in the dp. I cut her out using my nesties and inked the edges of the blue cardstock. I chose co-ordinating floral dp and matted some of them onto co-orinating cardstock. I added blue organza ribbon and punched some flowers and a swirl. I inked the flower edges and added pearls to the centres of them.


Recipe:
Stamp(s): Whiff of Joy Melinda with Bouquet
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: MME Magnolia
Embellishments: punched flowers and swirl, ribbon and pearls from stash

9 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Cathy what a gorgeous card and that colour combination is fabulous. I hopeyou are well,i am sorry ive not been by for a while, time keeps running out. I have to say youve been so busy making gorgeous cards since my last visit, they are all fabulous. Hope to be back sooner next time, have a good day, hugs Linda x

Lauren Hayward said...

This is beautiful!

Karin said...

What a beautifull card Cathy.
I love the colourcombination, beautifull papers and that gorgeous image is coloured perfectly.
Hope you are doing ok, and have a little relaxingtime now.

Hugs,
xoxo Karin

Karen said...

Gorjus card Cathy. Really lovely.

Love Karen x

strawberry fields said...

Cathy this is stunning! Love the colours and the image is beautiful...scrummy!
Fiona x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Cathy - one of my favourite colour combos!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card honey, love it.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Cathy,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Happy Crafter said...

Fab card Cathy love the image and colours you've used :)
Val xxx