So the remit ... no flowers, no pink, no fuss and no cute cuddly image ... hmmm.
So following my CAS post and effort yesterday I thought I would do another CAS using Blossom.

I used red, black and white cardstock, and embossed the white using the flowers CB folder. The image, sentiment and white panels are matted on black, and a simple red organza ribbon to finish it. My lovely friend wrote the sentiment herself. I actually like the result - don't often use red or black on my cards, but I think I'm going to start now!
I used this week's PTW sketch (and its a fab one again Dawny!) and as the theme is love I am using this for the Spoonfull of Sugar challenge.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Sugar Nellie Blossom
Colouring Media: promarkers
Papers: cardstock, some embossed using CB folder
Embellishments: ribbon from stash

21 comments:
the black and red together looks so striking. a fab card. hugs rachxx
Gorgeous honey, striking colour combo...
Hugs
Lorraine xxx
i really love this the colours and layout look so gorgeous and the image is fab.
Tracy x
I just saw this image on another card and loved it there. Your red, black and white color combo is so striking.
~Michelle
Keeping it clean and simple well done I love it! Pascale :)
oh this is just perfect for a non fussy valentine!! the red/black looks fab!!
vanessa xx
Gorgeous card Love the black and red together thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x
It's gorgeous Cathy! I love the colour combo and your CAS cards really work for you!!
I think you should make your hubby a big slushy pink Valentine's card this year lol!!
Love Becky xx
Lovely V-card Cathy. The embossing on the white cardstock looks great. Hugs from Desire
Brilliant card Cathy, love the striking colour scheme
hugs Bev x
Great card Kathy love the red and black gorgeous :)
Val xxx
Fab stylish card Cathy - makes Blossom look quite oriental. I've tagged you .. details on my blog :-)
Pauline x
this is stunning! I love the red, black & white combo.
great take on the sketch.
love tina x
Stunning and another CAS well done you. Lol @ Becky, go on be a devil make it PINK. Ok Ok I'm leaving your blog now :) :)
This is lovely Cathy. The red and black together is really stylish.
Oh Wow hun there was nothing wrong with the first card, but I simply adore this one the colours are beautiful so rich and what great colouring of the cute SN image
Thanks for joining LOTV again
big hugs
Jacqui x
A lovely card, the colour combo is great!
hugs conni
sweet card!!! love the colours !!
hugs tina46
I love the way you have used the colours and the image is soooo cute. I LOVE it
X Amy X
Lovely card. Love the red and black so elegant.
Glenda
Cute card! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x
Post a Comment