Thursday, 22 January 2009

Create a scene

This week's CCT challenge is to create a scene, and I thought I would combine it with LOTV's Valentine challenge. I thought the idea I had was good, it just hasn't come together very well, and I am blaming feeling terrible with a flu like bug. The idea was to have Tilda pondering Edwin's feelings.

I doodled the phrase "loves me loves me not" round the edge in gold pen.
While I was huffing and puffing over this ... Ellie created this:

and she has obviously been taking note of the decorated insides ...

and backs!!!

Recipe:
Stamp(s): Magnolia window, Edwin, Tida, wooden bench
Colouring Media: distress inks
Papers: from my stash
Embellishments: papermania adheshive gems

18 comments:

Karen said...

Gorjus card, love those stamps and the doodling.
Ellie is very talented making sucha lovely card.

Love Karen xxx

Victoria said...

oh wow - yours is ok i am afraid cathy, but ellie's is fantastic!!!

Happy Crafter said...

Fab card Cathy, Ellie's is super love how she's done the middle and back :)
Val xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Cathy, love it!
Ellie's creation is just as nice :D

Hugs, Marlene x

Anonymous said...

WOW your card is so cute!! I love the idea behind it!! Looks like you have some competition ~ that is fabulous!! Never to early to start! :)Kathy

June said...

Your card is great and of course so is Ellies, I just wish I could get my girls to craft more the oldest wants to listen to music the younger play on her ds lite.
June
PLease check my blog as I have some candy to give away just leave a comment for a chance to win.

Deb said...

fantastic card Cathy, love Edwin peeking through the window, sorry to hear you are unwell! Love Ellie's card too, very pretty and I am very impressed at the insides and back!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!

Lorraine A said...

these really made me smile ( well LOL actually ), needed that cos am feelin pretty miserable today,,,,,
I think the tilda thinking about edwin is a lovely idea but this makes me think she's shut him out in the cold ha ha , ooops sorry ,,,,, ha ha
Ellie's card is fabby, even decorating the back , how cool is that !!! :-)

Pauline C said...

2 fab cards ... love them both. Hope you're soon feeling better hun
Pauline x

Anonymous said...

Hi ya Cathy! sorry to hear your not feeling great hope your feeling much better soon!
love the way Edwins peeking in to see how Tidla is feeling! cute Idea too!
Ellies card is so cute too! love the picture inside! also! :0)

Joey said...

Hi Cathy, your card is gorgeous, it did make me smile, how many times have we pondered over things, it is a great scene. love little Ellies card too. joey xxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh what a fantastic idea, I hope she accepts ewdins heart, he look so expectant outside the window. And Ellie dear you have made a beautiful card, love the butterflies and what a clever girl decorating the inside and back
big hugs to you both
Jacqui x

debby4000 said...

love the scene card what a fab idea to have Edwin looking in. Ellie's card is so cute too.

CraftyC said...

Think you may have competition Cathy LOL. YOur card looks grand and I do hope your feeling better soon!
Clairex

Swaantje said...

*wow*
Your card is great!


Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog

Have a nice day!

Swaani

ella bella said...

gorgeous card Cathy and i love ellies to she is so clever :)
Tracy x

Sue said...

Gorgeous scene you have done, luv him lookin through the window, Ellie's card is very good, sue.x

Donalda said...

Oh this is so cute dear and Ellie's card is just adorable dear Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week