Wednesday, 14 January 2009

ABC Challenge ... W is for

This week's ABC challenge is
W is for ...
Wallet card
Rather than make the usual wallet cards we make when sending images, I decided to adapt the Trifold card to make a gift wallet for a gift card or money.


I used dark turquoise cardstock and made the outer part of the trifold card. I covered the folded parts in Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers and used a wide piece of green organza as the closing sleeve.

Inside I made the wallet using turquoise cardstock and Basic Grey paper. I made a sleeve to pop the wallet into, so it can come out and be displayed on its own.



I coloured this gorgeous PB bear in distress inks and matted it onto the wallet.
I finally made an ATC card holder to act as the gift card/money holder. This pos inside the larger wallet.




Do check out the other DT wallets, and have a go yourself.
Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

Marcea said...

Morning hun, this is a gorgeous wallet and that little image is so sweet.
-x-

Ali Watson said...

Fabulous as always Cathy, love the papers and super colouring.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Cathy what a gorgeous wallet card. Lovely image and gorgeous papers. Hugs Linda x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hun this is gorgeous love the ideas you have used fo this wallet card and the colours are perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Victoria said...

This is gorgeous - so much work gone into it and a fantastic idea x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous - so cute

hugs jane x

nessy said...

amazing wallet ~what a great idea ~ beautifully made cathy
vanessa xx

Lorraine Robertson said...

What a super idea.... the finished wallet is gorgeous.

Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx

Bev said...

Fabulous! I've not tried one of these yet so am def going to enter this weeks challenge.

hugs Bev x

Anonymous said...

Lovely Cathy very fresh and Love the wallet idea!! :0)