Monday, 26 January 2009

Framed ... finally!

I pushed the PBSC challenge of frames around yesterday and didn't like what I got. So I combined it with this week's JCBC sketch and am happier with the results.

I cut the image and frame out using my nesties. I have tried to create the idea of looking through a telescope . I coloured the image with distress inks and washed ink over the bckground to create the sky and sea. The details are cut out from co-ordinating papers and I doodled the sentiment.
Recipe:
Stamp (s): Penny Black Fishing
Colouring media: Distress inks
Papers: K and Co Hotchpotch, navy blue cardstock
embellishments: Papermania brads


For my second card, and Christmas card of the week I used the same sketch.

I adore these little mice and coloured them in distress inks. They are cut out using my nesties, as is the frame. I chose very plain embellishments as I like less fuss cards, and so do most of my family and friends.
Recipe:
Stamp(s): Penny Black Christmas Love, Sentiment - unknown
Colouring Media: Distress inks
Papers: DCWV Christmas Scrap Stack
Embellishments: Papermania brads, ribbon from stash

20 comments:

Ali Watson said...

Great cards Cathy, just love the first one sooo cute.

Lorraine A said...

Lovely cards :-) I struggled a bit too with the frame ,,,, waiting for oval nesties :-)
Love the christmas card, I have promised myself to start next month !!

Becky said...

What gorgeous cards Cathy, love these PB images!!
Love Becky xx

Lorraine Robertson said...

Two great cards honey & one for the christmas pile too.. well done you.

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Bev said...

Two fabby cards Cathy - love the frame, it's so effective.

hugs Bev x

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Cathy just wanted to say congrats on joining the Sketch and Stash design team great to ahve you join.

Louise F NZ said...

These are great! I love the telescope look, turned out fantastic.

tracie said...

Two fabulus card Cathy ~ love the cute images and great work with the frame, love it.
Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC
hugs
Tracie :)x

Kath Stewart said...

great take on the challenge Cathy and hey it does look like looking through a telescope...love the cute image......thanks for playing along this week at PBSc
Hugs
Kath
xxxxx

Dawn said...

Hiya Cathy

Great cards - I wish I was making some Xmas ones!

cats whiskers said...

2 brilliant cards hun, love what you have done with these cute PB images just adore both of them and your colouring is brilliant
Hugs Jacqui x

Maria Matter said...

Cathy, these are too cute! Great papers/color combos, look wonderful with this sketch!!!
Blessings, Maria

Lorraine A said...

Hi Cathy, congratulations on becoming DT on sketch and Stash :-) I look forward to seeing your new stash too :-)

Stampin'Piper said...

Great Cards! I love the colors, Papers and Images you used! Great job!

Thanks for joining us this Week!

Hugs Tanja
(JCBC Team)

Lorraine A said...

oops forgot to say I have something on my blog for you :-)

Beth said...

These are both lovely cards! I love the cute christmas mouse! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Gry-Heidi said...

Both cards are fab !! The telescope look is a great idea!
Thank you for joining JCBC this week :)
Hugs, Gry-Heidi

Frau Ninchen said...

both cards are gorgeous!

thanks for joining us this week!

xoxo janina

Pauline C said...

2 fab cards Cathy - love your use of the sketch and the great idea of the telscope effect. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week.
Pauline x

Karin said...

2 great cards.
Love the papers and images you've used.
Thanks for joining the JCBC this week.

xoxo karin