Thursday, 1 January 2009

Katharina's Sketch 37

Katharina does the most fantastic sketches and I love having a go at them. With the launch tomorrow of her latest WOJ stamps she has this to say ...
I thought I would combine my preview with a sketch challenge for you and even offer the cute little mouse as a prize for one lucky crafter.
So here is the sketch
and my interpretations - yes I did 2 and am really surprised how different they are.

I used Willow and umbrella for this one, and Basic Grey's Urban Prairie papers. I coloured Willow in in Distress inks and inked the edges of all the papers in Making Memories celery ink. I did a bit of faux stitching, using a white gel pen for a change and added ribbon from my stash. I used ribbon for the bits coming out of the square (very technical!!) and stapled them on. I added some green and blue gems for a bit of bling.

For this one I coloured Melinda in with promarkers and cut her out using my nesties. The papers are making memories and have been distressed with Distress ink (Tattered rose). For the bits coming out of the square I used a scroll stamp and stamped round the flowered square in Tattered rose distress ink. It just about shows up on the picture. I added little scrolls to two opposite corners and to the opposing corners of the image. I finished it off with ribbon from my stash and Prima flowers, fixed with papermania brads.

If you fancy a go at the sketch and a chance to win the cute mouse, you have until the 4th January.


5 comments:

Lorraine A said...

These are lovely cards :-) both of them are very cute.I have just bought the Willow with Umbrella , isn't she lovely :-)
Happy New Year

Jo Hopwood said...

Love that image!

Victoria said...

Both of them are beautiful cards but I perfer the bottom one as i am prefering yellows at the moment.

Ali Watson said...

Fab cards Cathy, your on a roll!

Katharina Frei said...

2 stunning creations. Love your interpretations.
Katharina