Saturday, 24 September 2011

Clean and Simples!

 We are having a busy day today ... off to visit my lovely Sweetie friend Elaine (not sure she knows what she's let herself in for!!), then over to Kirby Stephen to drop some ties off at a friends (don't ask!) and then a quick visit to a craft shop in Kendal, and then to a 60th Wedding Anniversary ... and then back home!!!!

Anyway, I have sneaked into my craft room this morning to catch up on some DT work, but I had to have a go at the Less is More sketch ...
 Sorry about the wonky photo .. I though I'd be clever and use hubby's stand thingy that he uses to photograph his buses ... it really doesn't work for cards!  I wll try to edit the pic later.  Anyway while I was looking for some dp to use I came across this gorgeous velvety, flocked paper, and it just screamed to be used, so I matted it onto navy cardstock, and then stamped the SU sentiment.  Quite quick and simple really!

Challenges:
Less is More - sketch
Allsorts -Keep it Simple

26 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Beautiful card, love the sentiment. Have a great day out.

Hugs Ali x

Mandi said...

This is lovely, enjoy your day with Elaine
Thanks Cathy
Mandi LIM

massofhair said...

Very nice paper and works really well layered up, fantastic sentiment:-)

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely - I thought it was a stamped image. It's the type of card I want to touch. Have a great day out!

TAM said...

Fabulous card - sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you - have fun

Chrissie said...

Super paper Cathy, my thoughts are that I would either have had a little something on the square or made it a tad smaller... what do you think?
(I have more time this week for a little constructive thought!!!!)
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suzilou said...

Lovely card and love that sentiment stamp. Enjoy your day :)

Jane said...

Pretty paper, nice sentiment.

Fiona said...

fab card Cathy...love the less is more sketch this week so might try this one too.

have a fun packed day!!

Fi
x

Tara Cardwell said...

I assumed this was embossing resist - gorgous paper and it makes a fab card.

nessy said...

wow simply stylish ~enjoy your busy day!!
vanessa xx

Aileen said...

Love your paper, great idea to use it as a focal point. x

Elaine said...

Fab card Cathy..I love those sentiments, I have them too and think they are so pretty!

It was a pleasure to see you, and your little girlies are so sweet and extremely well behaved, as is your lovely hubby..very well behaved for a man! Didn't get into any trouble at all while we abandoned him to visit the crafty space!
Hugs Elaine xx

Lynne said...

Gorgeous paper. When it`s as textured as flock I don`t think it needs anything else.
Lynne xxx

Vicky said...

So lovely Cathy...and wow you are having/had a busy day...lol...

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Margaret said...

Lovely card Cathy
Margaret x

Ian said...

wow lovely card the paper is fab and the sentiment is perfect for the CAS style

thanks so much for joining in with my theme this week at Allsorts

hugs

Amandaxx

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the colour of the paper and looks so stylishx

Vicky Hayes said...

Such pretty paper and I love those sentiments! Vx

Fiona said...

lovely card Cathy. enjoy your day

Linby said...

Very cas, love the paper and the SU stamp.
Linbyx

Suze Bain said...

A lovely CAS card. xx

Jenny said...

Love the pretty flourish on the panel :)
Fab card.
Jenny x

Fleur said...

A lovely CAS card, Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

ribenaruby said...

Hi Cathy! Wonderful card, love the flowing sentiment. Ruby x

fatmonica said...

It's a lovely card-I love that paper.