Monday, 1 December 2008

I've made a card!!

After several days of not managing to get to craft at all I have finally made a card, and combined 3 challenges!!! I have combined CCT (lilac), PBSC (no patterned paper) and LOTV (glitter and sparkle).
I have used my current favourite PB, Snowy, and watercoloured him in lilac/purple. I used my Swiss Dots and Snowflakes embossing folders for the backing papers and sanded some of the paper to create a white snowy effect. I added ribbon, gems and stickles from my stash.

I made the aperature using my star nesties and glittered the cut out up. I put a few little adhesive stars around it for interest. I am really liking aperatures after the DDCC challenge so watch out ... there may be more!
The stamp sentiment is from my stash - I inked it up in sections.

Not too bad - amazing how a few days away can put you off your stride!!!

8 comments:

Helen said...

Awwww - I love Snowy too! He looks fab in any colour!
Love the star aperture!
Helen x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so cute, love the image, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Allison said...

so cute, love the snowman
AllisonX

Kath Stewart said...

oh this is so cute Cathy.love that snowy...he is adorable and thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Pauline C said...

Great colour scheme Cathy and that star aperture is a brilliant idea - love it! Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week, and glad you're now back to being able to make cards again :-)
Pauline x

tracie said...

Oh wow Cathy this is adorable, love the pretty lilac's and cute image - gorgeous, gorgeous !!
Hope Ellie is ok.
Thanks for joining us this week
hugs
Tracie :)x

Donalda said...

Oh this is just precious dear. So beautiful. THanks for joining us this week at LOTV

Bev said...

Fabulous card Cathy - love the colours and layout

hugs Bev x