Thursday, 11 December 2008

2009 journal

I have been making this journal as a Christmas present (Vicky don't look!!), and have finally finished it today. Having looked at the challenges it fits the CCT challenge, punches, and the LOTV challenge New Year (tenuous, but it has 2009 on it and it is a journal for next year!)
I used my Bind-it-All to make the book.

I stamped this gorgeous PB stamp, Water skiing, in Versafine Sepia, and watercoloured it with my pencils. I added scrolls using the sepia ink. I used K and Co papers for the covers, matting and flowers. I used my Stampin Up Scallop punch and my X cut flower punches. The tag and numbers were cut out using my Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet. The ribbons are from my stash.
Some of the inside pages:

The scroll stamps are from the Angel Company, and the flower and grass stamps are Magnolia. The inks are from Making Memories.
I hope she likes it.

25 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful book, the colours are so pretty and I love how you have stamped the inside pages, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Crafting Queen said...

Great book and very pretty colours and images.

Anonymous said...

gosh that must of taken a while !
if your reading Vicky..enjoy your new 2009 journal, wow what a pressie
love emma

cats whiskers said...

Oh Hunny this is gorgeous SHE!!!! is going to love it, so much love and time gone into it
Hugs Jacqui xx

mueppi said...

Great book and your colours are fab!
hugs Gisela

Lynda Nielsen said...

Wow - I love this book! Your stamping and color combo's are great! I love the stamped pages inside as well! Simply Fabulous!
hugs
Lynda =)

Pauline C said...

That is really gorgeous ... so delicate and pretty - I'm sure your friend Vicky will love it! Pauline x

Gabigabs said...

Too cute! Love the idea and you design.

nessy said...

such a pretty book ~ what a thoughtful gift, for your friend!!
vanessa xx

Becky said...

Aww, how could she not like it cathy, it's so adorable!!
Love Becky xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Wow whart a lovely gift, love the colours,must have taken you a while, Hazel xo

Murielle said...

OH...Cathy your book is so pretty!
Adorable composition and lovely colours.
Hugs, Mumur

CraftyC said...

A beautiful book Cathy, sure it will go down a treat!
Clairex

Ali Watson said...

Stunning as always Cathy, Vicky will love it, hope you are well!

Macpurp said...

This is a beautiful gift!
I am sure it will be well loved!
love Tina x

Helen said...

What a great gift!
It's gorgeous Cathy!
Helen x

Louise F NZ said...

This is awesome... lucky Vicky. I really "need" one of those binding machines.

debby4000 said...

fabulous book, it so pretty what a gorgeous gift.

Unknown said...

Lovely book. Joanne x

Ginger Serafin said...

Adorable! Thanks for the reminder to pull out my Bind it All & play.

Naoual said...

Lovely book, great job!

xx Naoual

Bev said...

Cathy this is fabulous! Love all the detail and the beautiful colours. hugs Bev x

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous Book Cathy, I am sure Vicky will love it! I do! LOuise x

Samantha said...

WOW- How cute- and something for all year long! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful book! love it.