Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Hot chocolate for Autumn

It is very autumnal here today (windy, the leaves are falling, and its raining!). So I have used the view from the window of trees and the fells to inspire me. The Whiff of Joy challenge is to use stitching, and I love a bit on stitching, and the My Time to Craft challenge is to use leaves.

I have used this gorgeous image - imagine drinking hot chocolate on a breezy, wet autumn day- scrummy! I have picked colours and textures that remind me of autumn. I used Basic Grey papers and card from my stash, and I distressed the edge of the image with brown ink. Plenty of faux stitching on the papers and the Magnolia leaves even have stitching on them. Finally I added some lace, prima flowers and copper wire loosely coiled to give the impression of swirling leaves.

Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so we can go out somewhere.

33 comments:

mueppi said...

Wow...... your card is so beautiful!
I love this image and your colouring!
Hugs Gisela

Brocéliane said...

very beautiful card:) love those papers and the stamp of course :)

Brocéliane

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image! Great colouring!

CraftyC said...

I love your cards Cathy. Basic Grey papers seem to go with everythin, dont they!
Clairex

made by fifi said...

gorgeous card - thank you for joining in this week xx

Rach said...

beautiful card Cathy, great idea to use the wire to represent swirling leaves, very clever..love the colour combination on this card..hugs rachxx

Lesley said...

Great card, thanks for taking part in MTTC challenge this week, and congrats for winning last week! xx

CraftyC said...

Hi Cathy, Yes, Copics would look great on your card, easy to use, no streaking and addictive!! (lol)

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful!!

Pauline C said...

Yummy card .... really comforting image on a cold wet wintery day!!
Pauline x

Donalda said...

Oh so gorgeous dear and I so love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us for the challenge dear

cats whiskers said...

Cathy this makes me want to curl up with a good book, autumn is really here now isn't it, not much of a summer feels as if we have gone stright from winter to autumn. Anyway honey this is lovely and I love the added leaf detail. Thanks for joining us
Hugs jacqui x

Jo said...

Perfect image for the cold nights drawing in! Thanks for joining in with the MTTC challenge :o) Jo x

Annie said...

oh wow what a lovely card. hmmmm drinking hot chocolate and watching autumn from the inside sounds like a very good idea.

Ann xxx

Murielle said...

Your card is marvellous, Cathy!!!
Beautiful colours and details.
You have maked a wonderful card autumn.
Hugs, mumur

flatis stempelwelt said...

Your card is so beautiful!
I love this image and your coloring!
Hugs, Sonja xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is a really beautiful card.
Sharon

Mephisto said...

What a sweet Work.

Domi

Valérie Goldenschue said...

mmmmmm j'en voudrai un pour me réchauffer de chocolat.

superbe carte

Vitahus said...

this is gorgeous and such pretty colours!!
hugs conni

carolann said...

Gorgeous card hun love the colours you have used well done xxx

Marcie Sharp said...

Love the lace ribbon- such a great card!

Bev said...

Such fantastic detail to the card Cathy - I love it!! The colours are beautiful, love the wire detail too.

hugs Bev x

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful card, made me want to snuggle up with a hot choc too, wind is blowing and its really wet and wild outside tonight perfect crafting weather! Love the addition of the wire too.

Phree said...

Gorgeous card, lovey image and great colours.

Kim Dellow said...

Oh lovely card. Kimx

nessy said...

just beautiful ~love the leaves ~wonderful finish!
vanessa xx

ella bella said...

gorgeous card love the colour combo and the image is beautiful
fabulous card
Tracy x

debby4000 said...

Amazing card, beautiful colours and wonderful Willow.

Tara Godfrey said...

Fabulous card, Cathy!!! Love all your stitched elements (very clever with the leaves) and the colours are perfect! What a great autumnal card!!
It is dreary here too but your card brightened my day, Thanks!
Now, I think I will put the kettle on for a wee cuppa tea, smile! TaraG

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A wonderful card!

Alison said...

This is fab Cathy, love the colour combo.