Saturday, 18 October 2008

Flowers and swirls

I have made this card for a friend, as a thank you card. I followed this week's Friday sketcher sketch, and used Basic Grey's Eva papers. The Basic Grey challenge is to use stitching, and I love a bit of stitching. I am also entering it into Suzanne's Breast Cancer awareness challenge. Pop over to her blog to find out more about it.
Papers: Basic Grey Eva, cardstock
Ribbon: organza ribbon, braid from stash
Flowers: Prima
Embellishments: Papermania gems, swirls cut using sizzix die

33 comments:

Victoria said...

i adore this the paper is gorgeous - one for my list. The image is cute and the layout works so well with it a fantastic card and congrats on your win on basic grey - massive hugs vicky x

CraftyC said...

This is great Cathy, all co-ordinates so well and a cute image as usual!
Clairex

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Beautiful card,the image is so sweet.
Hugs agnes

Rach said...

a gorgeous card , love it. hugs rachxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is lovely Cathy I love your little image and the stitching is fab! Pascale :)

nessy said...

this is a very pretty card cathy!
vanessa xx

Anonymous said...

What a cute hedgehog! The papers you chose are just gorgeous! I love the flourishes too. Thanks for playing.

Stempelfrosch said...

Wow, beautiful card! The stamp is really cute!
Lg Anke

tracie said...

oh gorgeous card Cathy, love the cute hedgie and the swirls look fab - love it.
Hugs :)x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card, so sweet. Thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole :-)

Pauline C said...

Beautiful papers, and those swirls are fab
Pauline x

tracie said...

hi ya hun, hope your having a good weekend - there's a little something for you on my blog
hugs :)x

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Beautiful card!! Sweet image and I love the swirls! Thanks for joining us at FS! Love from Holland,
jacqueline

Alison said...

Adorable, love it. Tell Ellie I went back and looked at her card again and it still looks great.

mueppi said...

Your card is gorgeeous!
Hugs Gisela

Jackie said...

Gorgeous..........love Ellie's card too :)

Simone said...

What a gorgeous card! So many lovely details!!! Just wonderful!!
Simone

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card - love the way you used the ribbon

Jo Hopwood said...

This card looks even better in the flesh, :-)

Sue Shaw said...

Very pretty, love the papers! and very cute image.
Sue. x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the challenge Cathy - love the hedgie image, the papers are cool and those swirls are fabulous....me thinks I like it a lot
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Sue said...

such a gorgeous card Cathy..i love it:)

sue
xx

Poppy said...

love the card.x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card so cute ,love the imag and the swirls ,Dawnxx

Unknown said...

oh really cute and so wonderful coloured. your cards looks very pretty and precious too.
hugs, bea

Becky said...

Aww, how cute Cathy! You always make the most adorable cards! Hope you and the gremlins are well!
Love Becky xx

carolann said...

Wow absolutely beautiful hun xxxxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Oooh! I wish I'd used this paper for my entry too! Fabulous card.
Sharon

Heidi said...

You have made a wonderful card-love the coloring
Thank you for joining FS this week

Hugs from
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Cathy love the colours!! :0)

Jo Nevill said...

A gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us in our challenge this week.


Jo x

Suzanne said...

Cathy Thank you so much for taking the time to make such a beautiful card. I am sorry it has taken so long I am just back online tonight after a week so much to catch up with!! Sue :o)

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely card Cathy. love the swirls. Kimx