Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Spoonfull of Sugar sketch

Its a sketch again for this week's Spoonfull of Sugar challenge, and I love sketches. I have rotated the sketch or this challenge to accomodate the image I want to use. My Sugar Nellie snowmen have been calling out to be played with, so here is another Christmas card.

I watercoloured the image in and matted it onto red cardstock. Having seen Samantha at Penrith Crafts emboss acetate I decided to have a go myself. I made the card from red cardstock and scalloped the left side. I attached a piece of acetate to the underside of the scalloped edge, and then added anoither piece of acetate that I embossed using my Swiss Dots folder. I would have liked to use just 1 piece of acetate but it was too large to go through the cuttlebug.

I added red and green ric rac to the top and bottom, and a piece of scallop edge red cardstock. Prima flowers and red and green wire finish it off. I added a piece of white cardstock to the back to make the card, and used this gorgeous green Bunny Bo spotty ribbon to hide the join on the inside of the card.

As it also has red on it I am going to enter it into this week's Artygirlz challenge.

I am really pleased with this - I love the embossed acetate, and will definitely have a go at this again. So my Mum and dad's Christmas card is made!

20 comments:

CraftyC said...

This is stunning Cathy, a wonderful card! Got My PIF, just need to take piccie and upload. Have a good day!
Clairex

Becky said...

Wow Cathy! I'm so impressed! The embossed acetate looks wonderful as does your super cute snowman!!
Love Becky xx

Sue said...

oh wow cathy this is stuning, i really like it and i now need that snowman:)

sue
xx

Victoria said...

OMG this is outstanding, wow at the accetate, absolutely fantastic card x

Sandy said...

Wow this is awesome.
Really lovely.

angeljakki said...

what a lovelty card and the colours are lovely

Swaantje said...

Lovely card and great fun image..

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card cathy Love the sugar nellie snowman, Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Murielle said...

Your card is fabulous.
Great colours!!
Thank you for your visit in my blog.
Hugs, Mumur

mueppi said...

Wow.... Cathy
your card is lovely!
I like this image and your colouring so much!!!!!
Hugs Gisela

craft mad Jenny said...

great card, will have to try the embossing acetate out!

SueH said...

Hi Cathy,
I love looking at all the wonderful cards you create and I think I’ve said this before but I’m just amazed at how beautifully you colour your stamped images.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your message…it’s much appreciated….thanks

Pauline C said...

Fantastic! Vewry intricate and clever!
Pauline x

Crissi Harvey said...

stunning card cathy love the snowman.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Julie Allain said...

WOW Your card is absolutely beautiful Cathy

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge I hope you'll join in again

Julie xx

carolann said...

Brilliant card hun love the colours well done xxxx

Unknown said...

Lovely

Rach said...

oh wow this looks fabulous Cathy, great job. hugs rachxx

Joy said...

I love that Sugar Nellie snowman and how clever you are embosing acetate - looks great xx
PS sorry I haven't been around I lost my internet connection xx

nic_d said...

I've been behind on my blog hopping, and I've missed some great posts here! I love this snowman card. Very creative!