Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Sitting pretty in purple


 My bestest friend has just moved from a 30 minutes drive away to 5 minutes down the road, so I thought I would make her a card to celebrate being closer!!  She loves purple and reading, so this image was perfect.  I coloured Alicia loves reading in using my pens and thencut her out using my nesties.  I used a couple of digi papers I have and added some ribbon.  The flowers and corners are diecut and I added pearls to them.

Supplies
Sentiment: Craftwork Cards
Colouring medium: copics
Papers: BMD spots and Pink Petticoat gingham
Embellishments: die cut flowers, ribbon, pearls, die cut corners
Tools: Memory Box Phlox flowers, Spellbinders corners

Challenges:
Alicia's Challenge - anything goes 
Love to Create - so many flowers
Songbird - bloom and grow
Bearly Mine - lucky dip (ribbon, flowers,pearls)
Oldie but a goodie - Inspired by a song (I read alot by Nick Lowe)
 Tuesday Throwdown - smell the flowers 
Creative Craft - just checking
Cupcake Craft - lots of layers
Everybody Art - purple
Crafts and Me - use a digi
The Paper Shelter - anything goes


 

17 comments:

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous! Do I need that image? Xx

Squirrel x said...

She is awesome hun, love the colour and design and your colourwork is just ace! Hugs Sxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is just gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge. Marlene DT

I have some Candy on my Blog
http://cardsmadebymarlene.blogspot.co.uk/

Jayne Hayward said...

Oh wow this is truely amazing. The colouring is beautiful as is the image.

Jayne x

Crafting Vicky said...

this is super cute! Love the color combination. Great layout as well.

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Elfi said...

What a beautiful card and you fit the scetch perfekt. Thanks for joining our challenge at creative stamp friends.
Hugs Elfi

Mian said...

What a gorgeous card and your design and attention to details are fab!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Hugs Mian
Love to Create Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

DesignerDiva said...

Your colouring in this is absolutely stunning Cathy! Gorgeous card
Thanks for playing along with our inspired by a song challenge at Oldie But A goodie and good luck
Hugs Laurie x

Joey said...

LOVE every bit of this Cathy, great card, thanks for joining us at the paper shelter. Joey x

Kandy's Krafts said...

Hi saw your card on the Paper Shelter challenge - this is beautiful I love your colouring your layout.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for playing the challenge.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely Alicia card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “lucky dip”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Miss Sophie scrappar said...

Hi Cathy!'
Gorgeous card!! I love the colors, the image and all the beautiful flowers.
Thank you for joining us at songbird challenge and good luck!
Hugs Sophie DT

Sabrina aka Chaosküken said...

A wonderful card and a perfectly coloured image! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Stamp Friends :)

Hugs
Sabrina

Dips said...

Such a beautiful card and the details on it is gorgeous. I love the sweet image and your design is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at an Oldie But A Goodie Challenge, keep using up all that old stash. Hope you join us for our new challenge on Tuesday.

DOROTHY MADEREEL said...

Gorgeous card you made with beautyfull coloring Thank you for joining us at Der Kreatieve Stempelfreunde.

with love from Holland,
Dorothy

Deanne Saunders said...

Ohhh so pretty!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper