Thursday, 16 May 2013

A couple of cards using Visible Image stamps

 
 For this card I created the background using distress inks (broken china and peeled paint).  I stamped the Tall Grass using mown lawn distress ink and then stamped the large butterfly and butterflies onto the card using versafine ink.  I used peacock feathers and raspberry distress inks and swiped them onto my craft mat, misted them and swiped cardstock through them.  Having dried it,  I stamped the butterflies on to the cardstock and cut them out. I attached them over the stamped butterflies and finally stamped the Butterfly sentiment.

Supplies: 
Colouring medium: distress inks
Papers: 
Embellishments: 
Tools: 

Challenges:


 For this card I used the Bronte border and stamped it out across and down the card base using versamark ink, and then clear embossed it.  I used Victorian velvet and vintage photo distress inks to go  over the embossing and the label that I cut using my spellbinders lables 18.  I stamped the Fairtytale ending in sepia ink and added some teeny pearls.  Finally I added some ribbon and a bow and some larger pearls.

Supplies: 
Sentiment: Fairytale Ending
Colouring medium: distress inks
Papers: 
Embellishments: 
Tools: Spellbinders labels 18

Challenges:
 Crafty Ribbons - no designer paper
Charisma Cards - no digis allowed
My Heart Pieces - anything goes
Bearly Mine - Lucky dip (ribbon, pearls, die cuts)

 

12 comments:

Cat's sCrap said...

Fabulous graphic effect with your stamp. Simple and clean card as I like ! Prefect knot. Bravo ! It's very elegant !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

Have a good day and good luck !
Hugs from France.

Catherine.

Desire Fourie said...

Such beautiful creations and I adore the vibrant butterflies on the first.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Vicky said...

They are gorgeous hun....:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

rachel said...

wow Cathy two stunners but I just adore that butterfly one - beautiful xx

~ginny said...

Hi Cathy - I just found your comment on my blog - I had expressed interest in being considered for GDT on my "Child's Play" post. You requested that I email you - I tried twice to your personal email and once to Basic Grey and all three were returned. I can't figure another way to get to you - thought I would try comments in your blog too! I am Ginny@GettyCollection.com if you want to email - otherwise feel free to leave comments in my blog at RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com) I will watch for your response!!
~ginny

Chris said...

These are beautiful, Cathy.
Chris
x

mixamatoasties said...

Both are fab cards. The butterfly one worked out well though didn't it?

Susan x

cebelica said...

Cathy, these are gorgeous! I just loooooooove all the butterflies on the firs card and the embossing on the second card. Awesome work! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

AndrejaL said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining the BearlyMineChallenge :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Unknown said...

Wow Cathy these are lovely. I love the butterfly one but I especially love the script one. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

Carissa said...

Both of these are beautiful.
Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz.
Carissa

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for participating in our MY HEART PIECES challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper