Saturday, 16 February 2013

Pippi Longsocks

I am always a little intimaded by Pippi - her skirt frightens me!!  Having coloured her in using my pens I cut her out and popped her onto 3d foam pads and onto the oval mat.  I love MME papers at the moment, and this is fab with its blues, lilacs and greys.  I added some ribbon, a double bow, charm and pearls.  I die cut the flowers and added buttons with twine tied through to their centres.  Finally I diecut the ickle tags and stamped the sentiment.
Supplies: 
Sentiment:Penny Black
Colouring medium: promarkers and copics
Skin: sunkissed pink, blush, ivory, pastel pink 
Hair: raw sienna, gold, mustard, pastel yellow, primrose 
Clothes: BV02,01,000,0000, BG13,11,10
Bright green, lime green, lime zest
Embellishments: pearls, diecut flowers, buttons, charm, ribbon
Tools: Dienamics flower die, TH tiny tags

Challenges:
Bearly Mine - sketch
Whoopsi Daisy - add a tag
Crafty Ribbons - button up
Tuesday throwdown - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - hearts or flowers
The Sugar Bowl - anything goes 
Party time Tuesday - 3 +3
ABC Challenge - anything with wings
Crafty Catz - bingo (buttons, dies, glitter)
Allsorts - things with wings
 

17 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love your cards Cathy and love Pippi and this gorgeous. Such soft Spring colours. Thanks for playing at Crafty Ribbons x

mixamatoasties said...

I love Pippi. She's my fave :)

Susan xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous as always hun...and loving the colours too...:o)

hope you are having a lovely weekend...biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Stephanie said...

Beautiful card & gorgeous colours :) x

CraftyGirl said...

Such a cute sweet image. Great job!!! I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

brenda said...

You done a great job with Pippi, but understand what you mean that some images make us uncertain.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Naomi Johnson said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at crafty catz this week. Naomi x

Joynana said...

Love the soft colors and the really cute image. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

stampingtink said...

This is so sweet! Love the soft colors your coloring is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and I hope you'll be back this next challenge!

Susan, TT DT

Unknown said...

What a cute card! Lovely image and colours :) thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Sketch Challenge this week. I know what you mean about some things causing you problems when colouring. I still struggle with faces and hair!!! Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Tracey Manderson said...

wow super cute, great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Bearly mine, good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs
tracey
xx

carol said...

Hi Cathy...lovely pretty card. thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for sharing your button creation with us at Crafty Ribbons too x carol

Mrs.B said...

This is so cute, such a lovely card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge
Avril (DT)