Friday, 15 February 2013

Totally Papercrafts Challenge

 Its my turn to choose the theme for the Totally Papercrafts challegne and I have chosen Pets - not animals but pets ...
I clhose the theme before we lost our beloved pussy cat Miffy, so I have struggled a bit with this - I went for this cute mermaid and her ickle sea horse pets in the end.  The image is coloured using my pens and then I cut her out and added pearl pen drops. I matted the iamge onto a doilly.  I love this dp, might be my current favourite!!  I added some flowers with spacers and brads at the centre, the ickle starfish charm, raffia and some pearls.

Supplies
Sentiment: 
Colouring medium: promarkers 
Skin: sunkissed pink, blush, ivory, pastel pink 
Hair: raw sienna, gold, mustard, pastel yellow, primrose 
Clothes:petrol blue, marine, turquiose, aquamarine
gold, mustard, pastel yellow, buttercup
dusky rose, tea rose, pale pink
Papers: MME Bluebell
Embellishments: raffia/jute, flowers, charm, spacers, pearls

Challenges:
Crafts and Me - use a doilly
Tuesday throwdown - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - hearts or flowers
I love promarkers - 1 for the girls
 
 
I was having a bit of a play round with some diecuts and scraps of white embossed cardstock, and came up with this - I am not sure if I really like it or not, is that butterfly too big!!!  Anyway I am going it into this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge as the theme is a WoW inspiration picture.
 
 

14 comments:

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards,love them both.xxx

NGCARDS said...

Gorgeous creation hun! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Kim said...

both gorgeous cards Cathy, love the LOTV image and those papers are scrummy!
Kim x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

awww she is so sweet! you did such a beautiful job of the colours and those flowers much nicely. my mermaids arrived today from lotv - i am so excited to colour them!!! ^_^

mixamatoasties said...

That mermaid is so cute! Gorgeous card.

And the WOW card is fab but I won't comment on the size of the butterfly ;)

Susan xx

Wendy said...

Love both cards Cathy, really gorgeous...fabulous WOW, the butterfly looks just right to me.
So sorry to hear about your lost of your beloved pussy cat Miffy.
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Wendy xx

Lisa T said...

So sorry that you lost your kitty!
Your card is adorable. I love the mermaid and seahorses.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Cathy, both are fabulous

I am so very sorry to hear about Miffy, I missed your FB post and didn't know :-( ,,, so very sad ,, sending a HUGE HUG xxxx

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

sue w. said...

Hi Cathy, love the mermaids and the papers are super.
So sorry about your cat hun.
Hugs Sue W.

KimCreate said...

I love your mermaid card and the white one is so pretty. Thanks for joining the tuesday throwdown!
Kim L.

Annette said...

So sorry to hear about Miffy. I'm a real cat lover too so I can imagine how upset you must be. Big hugs to you.

You've made a couple of lovely cards here though. I love die cuts so your white on white card is lovely, and I really love your mermaid card. Those papers are gorgeous too.

Annette
My blog : Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Lili’s Little Fairies.
xx


Valeria Netrebo said...

Lovely card! The colours are so pretty!! And the stamp is so beautifull! I adore mermaids. If you like tham as me, join my "mermaid candy"
http://scrapsih.blogspot.ru/2013/02/blog-post_13.html

stampingtink said...

She's precious! Love the colors and I am so sorry for the loss of your pet. Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and I hope you'll join us for the next challenge!

Susan, TT DT

Karen said...

Great card, and such a sweet image too. thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx