Thursday, 23 December 2010

Fave Five Christmas cards

Debby is asking us to share our favourite five Christmas cards from 2010 ... and she is offering a fab prize.

It was hard choosing, so there are 7!!  What surprised me looking through my folders was how many I made early in the year!!


 I adore this Meljen pengiun and he looks perfect with an embossed background.


 This was one of my first HM stamps ... don't these ickle meeces look so cute.  Oh that has to be my fave BG paper for Christmas ... and its discontinued :(


 I love this Mo Manning digi, Irma and Vieno.  It really captures the spirit of Christmas.

 Stamping on fabric was a new twechnique for me this year ... I love the effect of it... oh and such a gorgeous image.

 I made this card at the beginnig of the year ... not used this Tilda again this year, and i should have one. 
 Another card made earlier this year ... again paper pleating was a new technique and I love the deoth it adds .. oh and my fave papers again.

And finally I love simple cards, they can look so effective!

Looking at all the cards I have choosen most seem to have a similar theme ... simple, layout and not heavily embellished .. perhaps I did stick to my 2010 resolution to make things simpler!

12 comments:

Yenni Natalia said...

aww...all looks so beautiful! i love the soft blue and grey colour.it is just warm my heart :)

hugs
yenni

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous Cathy, love them all.
Thank you for taking park in my challenge.
luv
Debby

Chrissy said...

Your choices were spot on. Gorgeous cards.You even used my favourite image.
Luv CHRISSYxx

merniebug said...

Great job, I love them all.

Ali Watson said...

Oh they are fab Cathy, love them all :D

Have a wonderful Christmas

Hugs Ali x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards cathy :) all of them are lovely and I am lucky enough to have one !! I have to say it is even more goregous IRL !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

nessy said...

simply stunning cathy ~ adorable images and colouring!!
wishing you and your family lots of wonderful christmas surprises!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
vanessa xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Cathy,I love the images and your papers.

Merry Christmas.
Hugs Riet.x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Cathy

They are all gorgeous and you definately have your own style - wish I did!!!

I hope you and your family have a Wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Hugs Ali x

Heather said...

All gorgeous Cathy, one of them I especially love - probably because it's sat on my windowsill. Thank you so much it's beautiful and that reminds me I'm in the middle of emailing you!!
Have a wonderful Christmas, big hug each for Ellie and Beth - oh and you of course.
Heather xx

Annie said...

yeah, really enjoyed looking at these - all gorgeous cards .
Hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas.
Ann xxx

Julie said...

Some lovely cards, a great selection.