Thursday, 30 December 2010

A challenge card

I having been spending quite a bit of time making samples for InStyle Stamps  ... you are in for a treat in January .. .trust me, the new releases are stunning!!

I decided to have  go a making a card to fit a few challenges:

I followed the sketch over at the Sugar Bowl, and coloured the image in using distress inks.  I do love these Sweet and Sassy stamps, just not played with them as much as I would have liked.  I used Colour Create's pink, red and white colour scheme, and embossed the white panel using the Morrocan embossing folder.  I added some pink lace and white pearls (Charisma Cardz) and a thank you sentiment (Papertake Weekly and Cute Card Thursday).

 I am hoping to do some crafting later, but I am feeling a little ropey ... hope I am not going down with anything.


10 comments:

Victoria said...

lovely card hun x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Very sweet :)

Looks like the crafting won then LOL

Hugs Jane x

Ali Watson said...

This is fab Cathy she is utterly adorable. i have her inked up ready to go. Love your added details. Take care of you.... fingers crossed your NOT coming down with something. Eh what about the ironing Mrs???? lol OMG!!!!! I just realised there is PINK on your card Mwahahahahah my 2010 plan worked well you have used PINK a few times this year :D

Thanks for playing in The Sugar Bowl.

Happy New Year to you and yours

Lurvs ya Ali x

Fiona said...

pretty card Card...I just love these sassy stamps...so adorable.

fi

Vicky said...

Hiya Cathy!

Snap!, I have used the same Sassy image myself tonight and she is just gorgeous!
Love your colour combo and great layout too.

Wishing you a great new year sweetie :o)

Hugs Vicky xx

Sharon said...

Hi Cathy,

What a cutie - she's a really sweet image! I love the panel of lace you've used, it's so pretty.

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create Challenge.

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Sharon x

Alyna said...

lovely colors and lay out on your card :). you are very good with colors.

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Cathy,I love the image and your papers.

HappyNew Year.
Hugs Riet.x

Anne said...

What a very pretty card, lovely colours.
Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
Happy New Year
Anne
x

Di said...

Such a cute image and great card!
Thanks for joining Colour Create! Happy New Year!
Hugs Di xxx